Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Finally got my first Grendel built!
#1
I'm finally a member of the Grendel club! Here is my first, a 24".

[Image: 24Grendel1_zps79d14120.jpg]

[Image: 24Grendel2_zpsda8465c1.jpg]

[Image: 24Grendel4_zpsc164df62.jpg]

[Image: 24Grendel3_zps79d19165.jpg]

Barrel is the baseline Alexander Arms medium-heavy, with a Rainier Arms extended gas block pinned on. Muzzle brake is custom by Ross Schuler. Handguard is the Daniel Defense MFR 12.0, cerakoted by Gulf Coast Shooting. Buttstock is a CavArms C1 with a couple Mount 'N Slot sling swivel sockets I installed. It's pretty light for a 24" rifle, coming in at 8 lbs 10 oz without the scope.
Reply
#2
Nice, I have to weigh mine.
Reply
#3
Nice stick. Look forward to a range report
Reply
#4
Nice stick. You are going to love it! Looks like a Super Sniper scope?

RR
Reply
#5
Yeah, it's a SS 10x, but it's just on there because it was available. I'm not sure what optic to get for it, but I'm considering the Vortex PST 4-16 or 6-24 models.
Reply
#6
That is a good looker.
Reply
#7
Thanks! My Grendel #2 will be much the same, but with 16" barrel and telestock.
Reply
#8
Welcome. That's crazy light for a 24" gun. For optics, Either the 4-16x50 or 6-24x50 would be great, depending on what you plan to do with it. If it's a target gun, I would lean to the 4-16x50 PST. If you get either of them and plan to shoot out far, get a 20 MOA cant base.
Reply
#9
AyeGuy Wrote:Yeah, it's a SS 10x, but it's just on there because it was available. I'm not sure what optic to get for it, but I'm considering the Vortex PST 4-16 or 6-24 models.

I have the Vortex PST 6-24 and it's a great scope for the money. Oddly enough it seemed to have better glass than the 4-16. That was when they first came out. Don't know if that's still true or not.

I also had a 10X SS when I first got my Grendel. It's a good, basic, rugged scope.

RR
Reply
#10
That's a nice looking boomstick! Congrats!
Reply
#11
LRRPF52 Wrote:For optics, Either the 4-16x50 or 6-24x50 would be great, depending on what you plan to do with it. If it's a target gun, I would lean to the 4-16x50 PST. If you get either of them and plan to shoot out far, get a 20 MOA cant base.

I plan on using it to shoot in my club's Long Range Tactical match, which goes from 200 to 1,000 yards.
Reply
#12
That looks nice.Looking forward to a range report. The 24s are supposed to be real tight
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)