Posts: 4,444
Threads: 97
Joined: Mar 2011
Congrats to both of you! Tell him now, he might never shoot another 17 pointer!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
hill.brandonj
Unregistered
Wow. That's awesome. I am a new dad (not even two yet). I dream about that day you just had. Congrats !
I forgot to mention he is 12 years old and this is his first deer........
And thats how its done folks!!!! Congrats to you for not only assembling the upper, but taking you son hunting (and letting him shoot).
hill.brandonj
Unregistered
He will be known at his school as Buckmaster ! I can remember my first deer with my dad. Something you guys will have forever !
Posts: 333
Threads: 29
Joined: Mar 2011
Congratulations to you and your son! I know that's a great feeling!
Best,
PA
Posts: 1,081
Threads: 34
Joined: Apr 2012
norahc Wrote:You do realize that the Grendel is now his, and you will need to build another one for yourself, right? 
Congrats to the both of you.
Very well done and for sure a memory and an inspiration for his hunting future.
Great buck and good looking young man! You should be proud!
Excellent post. My little one is keeping from typing much more.
How sweet is that, the smile says it all. A great memory for both of you. Congratulation.
Of course jealousy rears it's ugly head, I've been deer hunting more years than I want to admit and haven't shot anything even close to this one. Very nice.
congrats to you and your son. These are the moments that last forever, and get our new generation interested in the things that our rights were founded for. I cant wait until my son is ready for his first.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
It just doesn't get better than this for your son and yourself really cool for all
Captain Nick
Unregistered
Nice job! You're a good dad.
I just joined this forum today, and I'm leaving for a High Sierra deer hunt on Friday, can't wait to try my luck with my Grendel. I doubt I'll have such a nice photo to post, but wish me luck!
Bar's been set pretty high-nice job to both father and son!
Congratulations, very nice buck, great memories. I hunted with my great grandfather, grandfather, dad, and now my four sons. I cherish memories with my family. I'm sure this is one for your son to cherish as well as you.
Bob
Captain Nick
Unregistered
I'm planning on hunting this weekend with the 123 Amax round, too....looks like it will work just fine until I can work up a nice hand load with a dedicated hunting bullet.