06-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi again
I have been looking at scopes for my AR 15 build and i have a question, how accurate will a bullet drop, mil dot, reticle be if it is in the 2nd plane of focus. I've seen many ads for these but I am skeptical. If I understand this correctly if the article is in the 1st plane of focus it will appear proportional to the target through the zoom range. Conversely if the article is in the 2nd plane of focus it will appear the same size throughout the zoom range, thus looking much larger on the target at a higher magnification than a lower one. So how does one use these tools to estimate range when zooming in on a target when the article is in the 2nd plane of focus, am I missing something?
Thanks for your help
I have been looking at scopes for my AR 15 build and i have a question, how accurate will a bullet drop, mil dot, reticle be if it is in the 2nd plane of focus. I've seen many ads for these but I am skeptical. If I understand this correctly if the article is in the 1st plane of focus it will appear proportional to the target through the zoom range. Conversely if the article is in the 2nd plane of focus it will appear the same size throughout the zoom range, thus looking much larger on the target at a higher magnification than a lower one. So how does one use these tools to estimate range when zooming in on a target when the article is in the 2nd plane of focus, am I missing something?
Thanks for your help

