Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wolf Military Classic
#1
Has this ammo been improved? In any way? Are they still running the undersized crappy bullet of a couple years ago?
Reply
#2
They stopped importing it. Russia/war thing.
4x P100
Reply
#3
That, and your President banned importation before that I think.
Reply
#4
Well you can find a bunch of it on ammoseek for around 75 cents a round.
Reply
#5
Yeah, wasn't a Russian war thing. It was before all that, a presidential executive order ban on importation.
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#6
Simple answer is yes it’s still the same. But it doesn’t matter since it’s not being imported due to an EO anymore.
Reply
#7
Matteo Wrote:Simple answer is yes it’s still the same. But it doesn’t matter since it’s not being imported due to an EO anymore.

Odd seems you can order it.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5mm-grendel
Reply
#8
Wolf steel cased ammo sold well when it was cheap, once the price gets close to brass cased ammo steel case ammo sales decline.

If American manufactured steel cased 6.5 Grendel ammunition is released I’m hopeful they use a better bullet. The undersized bimetal 100 grain FMJ didn’t produce the accuracy potential of the steel case. Forum members who have replaced the 100 grain bimetal FMJ with a good bullet have gotten better accuracy. I bought a bullet puller just to pull some Wolf steel cased 100 grain FMJ bullets. I was going to replace the bimetal bullet with a Sierra 100 grain varmint or a 100 Nosler Partition or BT. Just haven’t haven’t got around to doing it.
Reply
#9
Off topic, but does anyone know the B.C. of this bullet? I have a Wolf Military Classic ballistic print out shows the B.C. of the 100gr FMJ as 0.515, but the trajectory chart does not show a corresponding bullet drop. Just curious.
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
Reply
#10
Here is a link to a thread where it was posted Wolf 100 grain FMJ has .400 BC G-1. In another thread Wolf/Barnaul has BC as .421 listed on their website.


https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...in-bullets
Reply
#11
Would it be feasible to take off the 100gr tip and swap for the Hornady 123gr sst? Keep the steel casing, with factory powder with the pressed in Hornady tip.
Reply
#12
jkucukov Wrote:Would it be feasible to take off the 100gr tip and swap for the Hornady 123gr sst? Keep the steel casing, with factory powder with the pressed in Hornady tip.

Sort of. 123 gr is way too heavy a bullet for that charge, but you can do it with a 90-107gr class bullet, and people do, with very good results. The technique is called Mexican Match; when the US rifle team did so with GI ammo during a rifle competition being hosted in Mexico many years ago. Some people with inferiority complexes who view Mexican's as lesser; will project offense at the term - think it is a derogatory to a group the listener's ear considers inferior; and so will project defenses offense to the term.
4x P100
Reply
#13
lazyengineer Wrote:Sort of. 123 gr is way too heavy a bullet for that charge, but you can do it with a 90-107gr class bullet, and people do, with very good results. The technique is called Mexican Match; when the US rifle team did so with GI ammo during a rifle competition being hosted in Mexico many years ago. Some people with inferiority complexes who view Mexican's as lesser; will project offense at the term - think it is a derogatory to a group the listener's ear considers inferior; and so will project defenses offense to the term.
Now I'll never forget the MM story, thanks for sharing. I have bought some a while ago when they were 22/23 cents per round, nice to know that throwing something match grade on the budget case to deliver MOA result is actually feasible.
Reply
#14
Moscow match is searchable. This has been done... maybe not with 123s but decent results swapping the projectile yes, definately.
Reply
#15
I didn't know replacing the bullet was a thing! I'm going to do this asap
Reply
#16
Grendel209 Wrote:I didn't know replacing the bullet was a thing! I'm going to do this asap

Moscow Match

https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...atch/page3

https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...atch-Redux
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#17
Sinclair Wrote:Off topic, but does anyone know the B.C. of this bullet? I have a Wolf Military Classic ballistic print out shows the B.C. of the 100gr FMJ as 0.515, but the trajectory chart does not show a corresponding bullet drop. Just curious.


Sinclair:

It is around 400.

I think the BC and ballistics were a topic a number of years ago when it hit the market.

LR-55
Reply
#18
Maybe today's candidate for this is the nosler, 100 gr cc bullet. Seems to be the only 100 gr pill out there for sale.
Makes me think.....
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#19
I remember Bill Alexander saying that something like a 100 grain bullet would be optimal for military use. I remember thinking that this was surprising since 123 grain bullets were the ones most mentioned for the Grendel at the time. Any idea why the lighter bullet for military use? Did it have something about FMJ construction or ease of manufacture?
Reply
#20
Fess Wrote:I remember Bill Alexander saying that something like a 100 grain bullet would be optimal for military use. I remember thinking that this was surprising since 123 grain bullets were the ones most mentioned for the Grendel at the time. Any idea why the lighter bullet for military use? Did it have something about FMJ construction or ease of manufacture?

Fess:

I believe that bullets of 100 to 115 grains were the most efficient for the Grendel case and the AR-15.

Highest velocity and given a decent design, more than capable to 500 meters.

Am sure that pressures have something to do with it too.

LR-55
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)