Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel Primers?
#1
Looking for a little feedback on a few reloads I worked up for my 6.5 Grendel:

6.5 Grendel Primers?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply
#2
No flared crater,no shiny brass,being pushed into bolt.....You know if the bolt is hard to open,you'll see the flared primers also....I sure love my mini Grendel !An easy load 28.0 gr 2820 207 Sierra, 3/8" groups
Reply
#3
Is this from a bolt gun or an AR platform?

The Grendel’s a low PSI cartridge, SAAMI spec for an AR is close to 52,000 PSI. Typically, in broad general terms, pressure signs on brass don't start showing up until the mid-50,000 PSI range. So, if you see pressure signs with an AR, you’ve more than likely already exceeded the SAAMI design spec. Know before you go! Just saying………

Bolt guns are a different animal and you can work up slowly and then back off when you see pressure signs starting to present.
Reply
#4
This is an AR platform. Going out this morning with some additional charge weights and crono.
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply
#5
Primers are flat with really sharp firing pin indentations.

They are normally rounded, so something looks off to me.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#6
How far did you seat these primers?
Reply
#7
Mark611 Wrote:How far did you seat these primers?

Pressed them in very firm. They gotta be seated as far as they can go.
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply
#8
Did you measure the depth?
Reply
#9
Mark611 Wrote:Did you measure the depth?

No I didn't. I'm not sure I have the proper tools to do this.
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply
#10
Stugotz Wrote:No I didn't. I'm not sure I have the proper tools to do this.

https://youtu.be/aa_hZc4O9nE
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)