10-22-2021, 10:20 PM
Spoke to the folks at Hammer bullets and they recommended the 85gr Hammers for Whitetails under 250 yds. Any one loaded for these? Should be here tomorrow. Thanks
|
Hammer bullets 85 Grainers
|
|
10-22-2021, 10:20 PM
Spoke to the folks at Hammer bullets and they recommended the 85gr Hammers for Whitetails under 250 yds. Any one loaded for these? Should be here tomorrow. Thanks
10-23-2021, 01:20 AM
Im following this one. I wonder if RL7, H322, or some of the other faster powders would work well for these lightweight pills. Very intrigued
10-23-2021, 02:20 AM
Same here. Keep us posted.
10-23-2021, 02:34 AM
i'm working up a load for the 85gr. Maker T-Rex. might be similar perhaps? I was impressed with DNS's results with that bullet on hogs.
-tdbru
10-23-2021, 03:50 AM
Just shot my antelope yesterday with the 85 gr hammer hunters. Best speeds out of the powders I tried was with H335. Tried A2460,H322 and H4198. Getting around 2800 fps with 31.5 gr h335 out of my 16" monster barrel and just over .5 moa.
10-23-2021, 01:31 PM
My biggest question is on how much meat is lost using these rounds.
10-23-2021, 03:58 PM
The antelope is my only experience with them so far and I neck shot it so didn't lose hardly any but from reports of other people's experiences is that very little meat is lost. There are a few threads on long range hunting forum and Hammer bullets has a forum as well with lots of info from reloading tips and experiences.
10-23-2021, 04:07 PM
Will def check them out
10-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Saint85 Wrote:Just shot my antelope yesterday with the 85 gr hammer hunters. Best speeds out of the powders I tried was with H335. Tried A2460,H322 and H4198. Getting around 2800 fps with 31.5 gr h335 out of my 16" monster barrel and just over .5 moa. I shoot 85 grain Sierra over H335 from my CZ. Excellent performance. ~Riuma
Well as luck would have it bullets came this morning and I loaded a few up and back from shooting. Just did a handful. I found Accurate powder published data using 2200 which is definitely on the faster side. Shot right at 2820 with zero pressure signs. Think I have a little more room to work with. This is out of a 22" barrel. Think I am going to like these.
10-31-2021, 02:22 PM
Did a little more testing yesterday and was averaging 2920fps with no pressure signs at 3/4 moa. As much speed as I need. We will see how the load works on whitetails this year.
11-01-2021, 01:30 AM
Sounds like a winner
11-01-2021, 02:10 AM
on the 85gr. Maker Trex i'm getting 2900+ with 31gr. of Hodgdon's BENCHMARK. that's my max load and i'd recommend you start at least 10% lower and work up of course. ymmv.
-tdbru
11-01-2021, 03:14 AM
I've found a lot of success using H335 with Nosler 90gr Varmageddon. It seems to work really well with the lighter bullets, I've yet to try it with anything heavier but I should think the results would also be good.
11-01-2021, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Picked up some H335 this weekend so I will give it a try
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|