08-27-2020, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to find Hornady 129gr SST bullets. I've not had any luck so far. Anyone know of a source?
|
Where to find bullets
|
|
08-27-2020, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to find Hornady 129gr SST bullets. I've not had any luck so far. Anyone know of a source?
08-27-2020, 12:43 PM
Aside from the usual suspects, midway, brownells, etc, look on ammoseek, they will show you whats out there.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
08-27-2020, 12:53 PM
its tough times atm ofr anything
just some targets for printing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
08-27-2020, 01:54 PM
Thanks, guys. Went to Ammoseek but I had to modify my expectations. I got some Sierra 123gr HPBT bullets. Hodgdon has recipes for this bullet with H335, IMR 8208, Benchmark, H322, IMR 4198, and H4198. I have 322 and 4198, so I may start there. But am open to suggestions since powder is still available around here. I'd like to use them for deer hunting with a bolt action rifle.
08-27-2020, 03:11 PM
You can also post a "WTB: 129SST's" on the forum. I found 200 from a member of the Horde. He tried them but his barrel didn't like them.
08-27-2020, 04:31 PM
thanks, just posted there.
08-27-2020, 10:25 PM
You might try some Barnes 120 TTSX or 115 TAC-TX bullets. I'm getting half-inch groups out of them.
08-27-2020, 11:35 PM
What kind of propellent are you using?
08-28-2020, 01:42 AM
You can stalk Gunbroker.com and bid on larger quantities or factory pulled seconds. There are some deals there "IF" you are patient and don't bid overboard for items.
This is where I picked up my 6.5 Bergers a year ago and recently, some 9mm.
08-28-2020, 08:53 PM
Try some AR Comp-have had excellent results with 123 Sierras in the 27ish range with CCI 41s, at 2.265 OAL. 2475-2550, depending on barrel length and final load selection. As always, load for your barrel/chamber.
08-29-2020, 12:55 AM
Bobke, ever heard of Bob Roll, the cyclist?
08-29-2020, 04:03 AM
Absolutely, and am a cyclist as well, but likely a bit older than Bob at 68. Amongst a lot of names my parents called me, Bobke was one of many. Admire Bob, his accomplishments and sense of humor. No TDF would be complete without him. Kind of like my screen name and dont think Bobke would mind sharing.
08-29-2020, 02:11 PM
I was doing some reading and saw where some of the wholesalers were saying the reason that there are no resupply to them of hand loading components right now is because all of them are being put into ammo. The ammo makers are running full throttle and the demand is out pacing their production. So unless you just happen to stumble onto what you are looking for from previous manufactory don't expect any for quite a while.
08-29-2020, 10:22 PM
Bobke's one of my favorite commentators. I always tune into him and Phil Liggett for the Tour coverage. He's also got a great YouTube channel called Bobke TV. It's for cyclists. Hope you're having a good cycling season thus far.
08-29-2020, 10:27 PM
I agree there's a good amount of cannibalization of loading compenents by the factories. I believe that the pressure of demand on supply will only worsen in the next few months. But as prices move upwards, the demand will slough off and things should be returning to normal probably by mid-winter. That's my prediction.
08-30-2020, 10:26 PM
Tough times right now.I am all stocked up.But I still look and occasionally find something. Just go on the sites greyfox mentioned,several times a day. Sometimes its OK to back order, sometimes theyll say sold out. And on a rare occasion they may be in stock. You have to be persistent.
08-31-2020, 12:48 AM
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010446597?pid=692729
these are 120 GMX , love them for hunting |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|