New, well sort of, from AR
#1
I say sort of because I have been lurking here, reading everything I can find on the Grendel.
I have been here since August. I am 67 a educator, mainly a band director. I have been shooting and reloading since the 60?s where my dad and I started reloading 44 mag. with a lee kit, no press yet, in our attic.

My AR?s consist off:
.223 started out as a model 1 bull barrel upper, 20?, but
Now has a new hand guard and have bedded the upper

6.5 Grendel upper is a Bear Creek Arsenal, I know I know I will
Soon be ordering a Monster barrel, the present upper is a 16? but
I plan on replacing it with a 20?.

The lower is made by Essential Arms from K. S. LA, got two back around 2006.
One for me and one for my grandson. It has a Rise Armament drop in trigger.
The stock is a Seekins Procomp 10X

I enjoy the AR?s, working on them and working up loads. I have read everything I can find on the forum going way back.

So thanks for a great forum!
Triggertom
Tom Trigg
Reply
#2
Welcome and pictures are always appreciated.
Reply
#3
Welcome Triggertom.
I started my Grendel journey with a BCA as well and haven't regretted it although I did upgrade to a Monster 20 barrel recently. The BCA was an entry level purchase to see if I liked it enough to go farther into it. I had lot's of fun going the range most weeks in pursuit of sub moa 5 shot groups, experimenting with different gear, loads, shooting techniques.
The forum helped me a lot with great info and helpful horde members, it's a great place to be! Smile
Reply
#4
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply
#5
Bigs28 Wrote:Welcome and pictures are always appreciated.

I will be glad to post pictures when I can figure out how to post them! I understand basically how to do it but the sizing has me baffled at the moment,
Reply
#6
Welcome to the forum Triggertom! Many times if you email the pictures to yourself your given the option to select the file size. Another option is to use a free web hosting service like IMGur, Flickr or postit. With Flickr you select the picture size then copy the BBC code and place the BBC code in your post. After you submit the post the BBC code gives a direct link to your photo and the picture shows up in your post.
Reply
#7
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#8
Welcome to the clan, TT, from your neighbor to the SW. In-laws lived in Crosset for a while, lots of flat land around there. BCA?, some of 'em are good, yours appears to be one of 'em! Among the awesome attributes of the Grendel is that it is young'un friendly as you have seen. So now you need to build one for yourself!
Reply
#9
I lived and worked in Crossett from 2003-2007. I have rebuilt my Model 1 AR upper and now have the tools and place, set up, to work on them now so I would like to build one from scratch. Thanks for the comments.
Reply
#10
My first Grendel was a Model 1 also, probably 12-15 yrs ago. It was an awesome shooter. First group out of the tube was a bug hole. And I'm not that good a shot!
Reply
#11
My Midel 1 is a .223/5.56 and it’s a shooter also. Although when I took the barrel of to change the hand guard recently the barrel nut seemed loose. My Grendel is a Bear Creek. The Model 1 is a shooter and the BCA I’m still working on.
Reply
#12
Hello, from El Dorado
Reply
#13
Welcome Triggertom,
enjoy the 6.5 Grendel caliber. lots of fun.
-tdbru
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)