11-09-2019, 03:18 AM
Hello 65Grendel forum members,
I'm Junior, and I love shooting sports. I shoot steel and paper targets out at the club I belong to. I'm not a hunter, it's something I've just never had the desire to try. That said, I totally understand why we need hunters and how essential they are to the eco system. I love spending a lot of time out at the club shooting both pistol and rifle.
I got my first 6.5 Grendel a few months ago and haven't put too many rounds through it as I'm recovering (slowly) from a total left hip replacement. It's a poverty pony (20" fluted stainless barrel, 17" MLOK rail) complete upper from BCA (yikes) that has only been fed a diet of the poverty pony Wolf 100 grain cartridges thus far. It's mounted to an Anderson lower with an MBT trigger and a Strike Industries flat buffer spring, with a Luth MB3 stock. It's topped off with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50,( I love this scope) mounted in a Burris PEPR QD. Best group I've been able to get so far was just over 2 MOA, (more luck than skill) with the average being closer to 3 - 3.25 MOA. Worst group so far (5 shot) was about 5 MOA (ouch) All from the bench with a rest. I've only taken it out to 200 yards so far, and it was ringing steel pretty consistently at that distance.
I'm waiting on Black Friday to see if I can catch a nicer barrel at a decent price. Also hoping to catch a deal on some quality brass cased ammo for this upper. I've been reading through the forum a bit lately, and there's a ton of really great info here.
Thanks to all for sharing it.
Junior
I'm Junior, and I love shooting sports. I shoot steel and paper targets out at the club I belong to. I'm not a hunter, it's something I've just never had the desire to try. That said, I totally understand why we need hunters and how essential they are to the eco system. I love spending a lot of time out at the club shooting both pistol and rifle.
I got my first 6.5 Grendel a few months ago and haven't put too many rounds through it as I'm recovering (slowly) from a total left hip replacement. It's a poverty pony (20" fluted stainless barrel, 17" MLOK rail) complete upper from BCA (yikes) that has only been fed a diet of the poverty pony Wolf 100 grain cartridges thus far. It's mounted to an Anderson lower with an MBT trigger and a Strike Industries flat buffer spring, with a Luth MB3 stock. It's topped off with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50,( I love this scope) mounted in a Burris PEPR QD. Best group I've been able to get so far was just over 2 MOA, (more luck than skill) with the average being closer to 3 - 3.25 MOA. Worst group so far (5 shot) was about 5 MOA (ouch) All from the bench with a rest. I've only taken it out to 200 yards so far, and it was ringing steel pretty consistently at that distance.
I'm waiting on Black Friday to see if I can catch a nicer barrel at a decent price. Also hoping to catch a deal on some quality brass cased ammo for this upper. I've been reading through the forum a bit lately, and there's a ton of really great info here.
Thanks to all for sharing it.
Junior

