Posts: 6
Threads: 3
Joined: Jul 2019
08-19-2019, 03:09 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 08:54 PM by jbisdlov.)
Next month I want to buy a pair of compact binoculars under $ 200. In the summer, I fight forest fires and I would like to have a light pair to stash in my backpack and not worry too much. Durability is the main requirement. I was thinking about 8x32 or something from
here. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks
Posts: 225
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2019
I went with the
Cabelas Intensity HD compact binos simply for the price and not having to worry about them. They have decent clarity and pack small. I chose the 8x25 over the 10x or 12x due to being better in low light. So far I'm happy with them. The dioptre adjustment wheel is a little small and somewhat awkwardly place, but I'm happy to say that I don't have to adjust it every time I pull them out of my pocket or case!
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
I have a set of vortex diamondback 10x28 binoculars.I am happy with them.Compact and clear.$125
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
A monocular will be the lightest and compact that you can get.
Posts: 217
Threads: 12
Joined: Jun 2016
I have Celestrons in various sizes, i dont think they can be beat for value binos
Posts: 14
Threads: 0
Joined: Feb 2019