Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2018
Hello all,
I recently ordered 2 Howa Mini magazines for the 6.5 Grendel from Legacy. I have noticed they seem to have a longer processing time compared to other companies I have used such as Midway USA and Brownells. Has anyone here ordered from Legacy and what were the wait times for items?
Thanks
Posts: 77
Threads: 15
Joined: Apr 2018
Yes, I ordered replacement springs from them and took almost 2 weeks to receive.
Not good.
Springs I received were just as weak as the ones I took out.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
The only business I have done directly with them was for a replacment spring for a mag.
Turns out they don't sell the coil type spring for the howa grendel mags. Well that's what they told me anyway, when they had sent me a spring under warrenty and it was a flat wire spring for the 204/223 mini mag.
But to the credit it only took like 4 days from shipping till I got it. Lol but it took a few days to process as well lol.
If I need a new mag or 2 I would just get it from brownells next time.
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2018
Thanks for your help guys. I have been spoiled with the great service offered by Brownells and Midway USA. I think I should just stick with them in the future
Posts: 61
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2018
Since discussion on a new mag for the mini and a BDL floorplate is dormant on here I reached out to LSI a day or so ago.
I asked if they were working on a BDL floorplate for the mini, and stated I thought it would sell well. I also asked about new mag possibilities with a new bottom metal with mag release in a different location.
"If and when". They were not very open or receptive.
Too bad Matt Hornback left them (for us, probably not for him). He is a shooter, and understood the wants and needs of folks like us.
I believe now whatever the market may want will fall on deaf ears.
Posts: 36
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2018
It has now been 5 days and the magazines I ordered are still "processing". They are not offering much competition to Larry Potterfield and the Nitro Express that's for sure.
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
Since or about the same time as, Matt left that company, seems to me that LSI has pretty much abandoned the Grendel as an orphan. Sure they have some but I think marketing-wise they have moved on to other things.
Sad, however it's just my opinion...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 1,918
Threads: 79
Joined: Oct 2016
My experience with them says it was before then. As soon as I got ahold of someone, they put me back on hold to transfer me to another dept. Several calls in at this point, I waited. And waited. And waited some more. 27m later, not a soul picking up, I declined to ever call LSI for anything again. An email ensues, no mention of the call. No answer. Another email, and a FB post. Nothing. A third email, after which I called my gunsmith and asked him for his assistance. Maybe if it's coming direct from a smith. He told me a week later to pound sand, he didn't want to deal with them either... lol. Well, he was being honest. He was pissed with them too...
I made action screws from Lowes sourced cap heads, a cordless drill, a hacksaw, and a file. Right as rain, and here's hoping the gun never drops a pin... omg what a mess that's going to be...
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
I believe LSI is probably a small company who import various handguns (some from the Philippines) and rifles from Howa. Howa is in a unique situation as a supplier of actions. I believe LSI purchases the stocks and scopes separately and not from Howa. I think LSI assemble the rifles (stocks & scopes) and package them here in the US for shipment to vendors.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are four or five people in the office and six to eight employees who assemble, package and ship products. Howa has the technical knowledge and LSI is a retailer. As a retailer LSI employees wouldn’t have as many drawings, schematics, part prints as the actual manufacturer.
With so few employees I’m not surprised technical questions fall on deaf ears. The upper management and sales coordinate with the suppliers to find products they can sell to wholesalers like Brownell’s, JSC, Xanders, or dealers with volume sales who are more factory direct.
Unfortunately this business model primary goal is to turn a profit but is not setup to do testing and product development like Sig Sauer or FN USA. I see LSI in a similar way as Charles Daley who was an importer and had no manufacturing capacity.