06-20-2019, 10:26 PM
In case anyone was going down this route:
The Timney 1500 trigger does work with the mini and it fits in the Oryx chassis. Function tests just fine.
The only caveat is that the bolt that ships with the Timney is too long for the mini. The machine screw for the 1500 is about a 1mm or 2mm too long and will stop the bolt from moving freely. (And you can't really use the factory because it's a different head.)
I called Legacy sports to confirm the thread pitch on the factory bolt. (I didn't want to get the wrong one and strip out my action.) A lady on the phone was nice enough to let me know it's M4x.7. (Although she did let me know that what I was asking would void the warranty.)
The Timney ships with a m4x.07 that's 18mm. Ace had a 16mm and it fits perfectly. Just below the surface of the bolt channel.
The Timney 1500 trigger does work with the mini and it fits in the Oryx chassis. Function tests just fine.
The only caveat is that the bolt that ships with the Timney is too long for the mini. The machine screw for the 1500 is about a 1mm or 2mm too long and will stop the bolt from moving freely. (And you can't really use the factory because it's a different head.)
I called Legacy sports to confirm the thread pitch on the factory bolt. (I didn't want to get the wrong one and strip out my action.) A lady on the phone was nice enough to let me know it's M4x.7. (Although she did let me know that what I was asking would void the warranty.)
The Timney ships with a m4x.07 that's 18mm. Ace had a 16mm and it fits perfectly. Just below the surface of the bolt channel.

