Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
100 grain Nosler Partition into a pig
#1
[video=youtube;C2W9Q4HUj6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2W9Q4HUj6M[/video]

Color me impressed : granted the hog was no behemoth

I’m hoping this bullet continues to show damage to surrounding tissue in future harvests...
Reply
#2
Excellent wound channel!
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#3
Great video! I saw a cartridge at the front of the video which looked like a steel case. I bought a collet bullet puller, makes me want to pull the 100 grain FMJ and replace them with my 100 grain Nosler Partisions which I never got around to loading.
Reply
#4
vascar2 Wrote:great video! I saw a cartridge at the front of the video which looked like a steel case. I bought a collet bullet puller, makes me want to pull the 100 grain fmj and replace them with my 100 grain nosler partisions which i never got around to loading.

do it !
Reply
#5
Wow, you could throw a cat through that wound channnel.
Reply
#6
Great results. I have wondered about that bullet. First rate! Thank you for the video
Reply
#7
Looks like a winner. I used Nosler Partitions to take my first boar with a .270 Winchester years ago. Too bad we can't use them in California any longer.

Was that reloaded into a Wolf steel case?
Reply
#8
Michael-95037 Wrote:Was that reloaded into a Wolf steel case?

Yup ! See below link:

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...der-charge
Reply
#9
I was just out in Texas on a pig hunt and shot 2 with my 300 black out with Barnes 110 grain bullets. A friend had a 6.5 Grendel and shot 2 pigs also. Now I have some 6.5 Grendel ammo just deciding on an upper. Here in California we need non lead ammo so that is why I loaded up the Barnes.

The 300 was shot on about the same size pig but not as large of an exit wound at 90 yards. Still 1 shot and DRT.

Tony P
Reply
#10
There are a couple of companies who make copper projectiles if you reload, I’m talking about a proper weight lead free projectile for the Grendel velocity - avoid the GMx and Etip stuff.

I know one of these companies will provide you with loaded ammo if you don’t reload. They’re currently out of stock though.

Best of luck
Reply
#11
Gret video , thanks for the info .
Reply
#12
Great shot. Excellent wouND channel.
Reply
#13
Nice shot and video.
Thanks for sharing.
Reply
#14
HuntTXhogs Wrote:There are a couple of companies who make copper projectiles if you reload, I’m talking about a proper weight lead free projectile for the Grendel velocity - avoid the GMx and Etip stuff.

I know one of these companies will provide you with loaded ammo if you don’t reload. They’re currently out of stock though.

Best of luck

So, what are the companies? I'm going to be working up a load with Barnes 100 grain TTSX & H335 in June/July (when I get some free time). The Hornady 120 grain GMX appears to be too long to get enough velocity.
Reply
#15
Michael-95037 Wrote:So, what are the companies? I'm going to be working up a load with Barnes 100 grain TTSX & H335 in June/July (when I get some free time). The Hornady 120 grain GMX appears to be too long to get enough velocity.

The Barnes 100 grain is one bullet not sure you can buy loaded Grendel with that pill, if you could it would be super pricey

Cavity Back Bullets offers all copper in a few weights, 105 and 118 grain I believe , no loaded ammo on the website

Lastly the 85 grain Maker TRex bullet is out there and they do have a link to buy loaded ammo, the owner is a cool dude - give him a call and he might tell you when he will put out more as it currently shows out of stock.
Reply
#16
HuntTXhogs Wrote:The Barnes 100 grain is one bullet not sure you can buy loaded Grendel with that pill, if you could it would be super pricey

Cavity Back Bullets offers all copper in a few weights, 105 and 118 grain I believe , no loaded ammo on the website

Lastly the 85 grain Maker TRex bullet is out there and they do have a link to buy loaded ammo, the owner is a cool dude - give him a call and he might tell you when he will put out more as it currently shows out of stock.

I will second the Maker bullets. Turning out too be my fav.

And the owner is a straight up dude, real good too do business with. If someone wants grendel ammo from him, a phone call should do it. He has offered too cut me custom weight trex's before like a 90 and or 100 grain. He might load a box of ammo to sell if someone was too call in for it.
Reply
#17
I'd take a box if the price was right. Do you think he'd be interested in a group buy set-up?
Reply
#18
Michael-95037 Wrote:I'd take a box if the price was right. Do you think he'd be interested in a group buy set-up?

You’ll have to talk to BFT on setting up the group buy but I would think Maker would be up for it.
Reply
#19
Nice wound cavity, no wonder it was lights out.
Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/
Reply
#20
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14404[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14407[/ATTACH]

Shot a 230 lb boar through the right shoulder at near 100 yards yesterday.

I believe he was slightly quartered away and the shot entered high on the shoulder breaking the scapula and then was deflected back to the interior of his body through the vitals and abdomen and coming to rest mid-body on the opposite side.

In a linear measurement aspect the penetration would be ~ 18” however if the bullet traveled as described above, including deflection the actual distance penetrated would be more about 25”.

The entire lead-alloy core was stripped away or sheared off the frontal section of the bullet.

All that remained was the Integral Partition and rear core or “bullet base” which retained almost 2/3 of the total weight of the projectile.

In my post shot necropsy I didn’t see any substantial muscular disruption (bloodshot) however the hog fell within 20 yards of being shot so it certainly stung him good.

I’ve killed 5 hogs so far and this is the first recovered bullet - it was also the largest of the 5 hogs.

I am impressed with the Nosler Partition and hope this helps others in weighing choices for
Hunting medium to large game.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)