Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 830
Threads: 31
Joined: May 2017
Nice Ram, nice rifle, great shot.
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
Mad Charlie Wrote:Nice Ram, nice rifle, great shot.
Thank you. I was proud to get him.
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
rabiddawg Wrote:Niiiiice!
Thank you. This is my rifle on the Tripod setup.
Posts: 203
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2016
Excellent!!
Yard work is not an excuse!
Posts: 1,567
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
just_john Wrote:Very well done! Awesome!
Thank you.
Posts: 568
Threads: 44
Joined: Jun 2016
Great hunt! What kind of stock is that there?
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
Redomen Wrote:Great hunt! What kind of stock is that there?
Thank you. It's a Thordsen FRS Gen 3 featureless stock.
Posts: 52
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2019
Very nice ram. Did you recover the Barnes TSX 120 grain? Obviously it worked, but how was the expansion?
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
Michael-95037 Wrote:Very nice ram. Did you recover the Barnes TSX 120 grain? Obviously it worked, but how was the expansion?
I apologize, I did not look for the bullet. Next time I will try and recover it and get a picture.
Posts: 52
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2019
If you get a next time on a ram like that, you're much luckier than me. Hope to see the bullet from the next ram. Good Luck.
Posts: 153
Threads: 24
Joined: Dec 2017
Where was the hunt. Big island
Posts: 52
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2019
05-17-2019, 11:08 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 11:51 PM by Michael-95037.)
Squid, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but do you mind sharing your load info? I'm measuring the 120 grain GMX at 1.410", which (at 2.26" COAL) isn't going to leave much room for powder. If I can't find something reasonable to start with, I may return these bullets and move to the 100 grain TTSX. BTW, I was planning to work up my load with H335. Any comments on H335 would be appreciated too.
Thanks.
Posts: 61
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2019
Very nice ram, good shooting! Was it a fairly high angle shot?
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
Michael-95037 Wrote:Squid, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but do you mind sharing your load info? I'm measuring the 120 grain GMX at 1.410", which (at 2.26" COAL) isn't going to leave much room for powder. If I can't find something reasonable to start with, I may return these bullets and move to the 100 grain TTSX. BTW, I was planning to work up my load with H335. Any comments on H335 would be appreciated too.
Thanks.
Not a problem. This hunt was with Alexander Arms Factory ammunition so I'm not sure what the load data is. This bullet was an AA 120 grain TSX, that I shot a .5" group at 200 yards with.
https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/Ammuni...T_box.html
However, I'm currently working hand loads for the Barnes 100 grain TTSX. I'm using A-2460, starting my charge at 27.5 and going up to 30.0. I'm not attemptign the 30.3 (compression load). I will post results after the test next Wednesday.
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
pacificpt Wrote:Very nice ram, good shooting! Was it a fairly high angle shot?
Thank you. The shot was at a decent angle as the Ram was at full sprint in an attemp to cross the summit. If I had to guess, 45+ degree angle.
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
tracker12 Wrote:Where was the hunt. Big island
Yes. Big Island, Hawaii.
Posts: 184
Threads: 5
Joined: Dec 2018
Welcome to the big island, let me know if you ever come back. I have seen many very large herds 40+ near the road but never tried to hunt.