03-06-2019, 07:56 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 07:58 AM by lazyengineer.)
Functioned 100%, and at times would go back and forth, which in .223 is a bad idea, but in the Grendel, the chamber residue from the steel didn't appear to lock up the brass on me.
Four 5-shot groups of each were fired, with raw performance data in this photo, at 100 yards. Fired from a bench using sandbags. A 4X scope was used.
![[Image: 2mxjz1x.jpg]](http://i63.tinypic.com/2mxjz1x.jpg)
Basic conclusion, toss the worst grouping for each one (i.e. just average each ammo's best three 5-shot strings): Wolf Steel averaged around 2 ish MOA, and the Hornady Black averaged around 1.7 (ish) MOA. I'm pretty sure with some effort that can tighten up. But the Wolf, for what it is, to average 2 MOA, is OK with me, and I'll likely get more as plinking fodder. That, and at $0.27/round delivered, I doubt it's a mistake to buy a case of the stuff to have. Though, a couple of the wolf steel groups had a lot of vertical stringing; not sure what that means.
If I can, I'd like to get a brass cased load down to 1-1.25 MOA range, which I think might be doable with some care.
All the brass ejected from 3:00 to 4:00.
Four 5-shot groups of each were fired, with raw performance data in this photo, at 100 yards. Fired from a bench using sandbags. A 4X scope was used.
![[Image: 2mxjz1x.jpg]](http://i63.tinypic.com/2mxjz1x.jpg)
Basic conclusion, toss the worst grouping for each one (i.e. just average each ammo's best three 5-shot strings): Wolf Steel averaged around 2 ish MOA, and the Hornady Black averaged around 1.7 (ish) MOA. I'm pretty sure with some effort that can tighten up. But the Wolf, for what it is, to average 2 MOA, is OK with me, and I'll likely get more as plinking fodder. That, and at $0.27/round delivered, I doubt it's a mistake to buy a case of the stuff to have. Though, a couple of the wolf steel groups had a lot of vertical stringing; not sure what that means.
If I can, I'd like to get a brass cased load down to 1-1.25 MOA range, which I think might be doable with some care.
All the brass ejected from 3:00 to 4:00.

