Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Another BCA el Cheapo build
#1
I have not yet fired it, unfortunately, the weather has been less that conducive to shooting anything and my membership to the local outdoor range hasn't been renewed yet in any case - doing that soon just in case the weather does take a turn for the better...

Parts list:
- BCA 20" complete upper with fluted barrel
- Anderson unmarked lower
- Odin Works LPK
- Odin Works rifle buffer/tube/spring kit
- LuthAR MBA1 adjustable stock
- Monstrum Tactical 6-24x50 G2 scope
- C Products Defense 6.5 Grendel 26rd SS Magazine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13803[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13804[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13805[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#2
Nice, Let us know how it shoots.
Reply
#3
Good looking rig!

If you don't mind me asking, seeing how you said "El Cheapo"...how much was that butt stock?
Reply
#4
Curious about the scope, was going with a Vortex 6-24x but every place locally is sold out. See a few places online and they all want more money. Supply and demand I guess.

Let us know its pro's and con's please.
Reply
#5
Nice looking rig.
I have several scopes I have tried on my CHEAPED OUT 6.5. The HiLux 6-24x50 Pentalux was a great scope but had a 2moa red center dot. I bought the SWFA SS 12X42 and so far very impressed with the scope and the price. I know others may not recommend this scope. The glass is great, MOA with fine line retical. JMO Just depends on you pocket book. The Vortex are great scopes.

That is a good looking stock. I had the same stock but was the 6 adj style. I personally did not find the cheek pad suitable for me plus the weight. I went to the Choate fixed stock. Added my on adj butt pad.
[Image: IMG-20190220-213514155.jpg]
Reply
#6
CaptnC Wrote:Good looking rig!

If you don't mind me asking, seeing how you said "El Cheapo"...how much was that butt stock?

The stock was the most expensive single part besides the BCA upper - which was the primary part I was referring to as El Cheapo Wink. It runs around $130 pretty much everywhere I've looked. it feels great and is very solid even though it's pretty light weight.
Reply
#7
Cereal Thriller Wrote:Curious about the scope, was going with a Vortex 6-24x but every place locally is sold out. See a few places online and they all want more money. Supply and demand I guess.

Let us know its pro's and con's please.

I will update as I get a chance to get some range time - working on test loads using 3 different bullets and powders (IMR4895, W748, and BL-C2) while waiting on weather. So far, just scoping about and comparing it to my Bushnell AR223 Dropzone 4.5-18x, the glass is very clear at 24x with only very very mild edge distortion at 6x which clear by 12x. It's a first focal plane scope also.
Reply
#8
Yissnakk Wrote:The stock was the most expensive single part besides the BCA upper - which was the primary part I was referring to as El Cheapo Wink. It runs around $130 pretty much everywhere I've looked. it feels great and is very solid even though it's pretty light weight.

Found a knock off on ebay, but they are sold out right now. They listed it just under half the best price I can find.

Hope they get some in stock soon!
Reply
#9
FYI, I also have a BCA 20"6.5 Grr upper which I just got back from BCA. While it shot very well, the chamber looked like sandpaper and the cases looked like a Grendel (the mythical beast) had chewed them. I contacted, well my FFL contacted BCA and told them this was unsat. So, got it back last Thursday and went to the range on Saturday. the first four shots, cold barrel, cloverleafed so I could almost cover them with a dime. This with Hornady factory 123 SSTs, my son then shot a 7-8 round .5 inch hole. Brass looked much better, still some slight scratches but much better than the other.
my BCA upper sits on a PSA lower, most expensive part is the scope. I have a Hawke 2.5-10x50 30mm WA.
would be happy to give you any other info.

one more thing, what mags are you using? I think I have ASC although, I was able to use a Magpul 30rder.

have a great day
Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.
Reply
#10
Sound like my first 20". Same Sandpare look in the chamber and scratched brass. The replacement 24" SS came in looking very good. No brass indications as before and is so far a shooter.
The Hawke 6-24X50M 30MM SF AIRMAX set on the gun great and shot well. I was told my many outside this forum and Hawke that this scope was rated for the AR.Nice retical and mounted up very good on cheek weld and eye to scope fit. But Now my gun wears the SWFA 12X. So far very pleased with the SWFA scope for the money. I am using the Elander mags with no issue. I did buy a 10 round and would have to look at the brand. It works as it should and makes bench shooting much better not having the mag hanging out.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)