12-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Ok I got Hornady Black ammo and went to cycle a few rounds. when I dropped the bolt, and tried to extract the round the bolt wouldnt come back. I had to knock it back any ideas?
|
Brass sticking
|
|
12-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Ok I got Hornady Black ammo and went to cycle a few rounds. when I dropped the bolt, and tried to extract the round the bolt wouldnt come back. I had to knock it back any ideas?
12-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Specs on the barrel and chamber?
Pics of the rounds after you got them. More importantly details pics of the bullets? Looking to see if lands are making mark's on the bullet.
12-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Color the bullet with a black marker and see if the bullet is sticking in the lands.
12-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Well I sprayed Hornady one shot on the bolt and chamber now it functions perfectly. I have no clue what it done but sprayed once n haven’t had a Issue since.
12-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Swampfox Wrote:Well I sprayed Hornady one shot on the bolt and chamber now it functions perfectly. I have no clue what it done but sprayed once n haven’t had a Issue since. Don't do this and clean out your chamber. There should not be any liquid or wax lubricant in your chamber or on the bolt. The chamber and metallic cartridge are meant to work together to contain pressure with the brass adhered to the chamber wall. If lubricant is present, even assuming that the lubricant doesn't ignite, it facilitates excessive bolt thrust because the case is now unable to purchase to the wall.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|