Posts: 5
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2018
Who has ordered direct from Bear Creek Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is I placed an order with them a couple weeks ago and I seen on their website that it could take awhile for stuff to ship. But my problem is when I check your website don't post on my order has shipped when in fact it hasn't. I called customer service today and they couldn't answer my question why it said my order had shipped when in fact it hadn't, said it should ship today or Monday. Not impressed with my experience so far with Bear Creek.
I've been waiting on one of there BCG to finish my first Grendel build, just ready to go play with a new toy.
Okay guys rant over with, just had to vent.
Posts: 45
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2017
I can sympathize with you. I don't know about their website, etc. I ordered my BCA stuff through Primary Arms instead. They provided excellent service, no complaints at all from me.
Posts: 562
Threads: 28
Joined: Oct 2017
02-10-2018, 04:28 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 04:30 AM by Randy99CL.)
Some companies' software reports the order has shipped as soon as they create the shipping order and label. Most of the time your order is picked up by the shipper that same day but sometimes not. That's why they told you today or Monday.
It's not just BCA, others do it too.
My OpticsPlanet order didn't ship for over 3 days. You can tell when it actually ships because you get the tracking number.
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
I had an issue with getting a barrel from them... took me a few calls to finally connect with them. They explained that the "shipped" notification you get is that they received the order and placed it in line for production, and the shipping label is created at that time but it isn't actually being shipped yet; they just get all the paperwork set up so it's ready to go when the item is done. They make a lot of their stuff after they get an order for it... most times it's not on the shelf so to speak. So your order is probably in the production lineup at the moment.
Not saying I like their way of doing this, but in essence that's what I was told. I suggested to them that it would be much more informative if they might say "order received and in line for production" or say on the web page "this item gets produced when you order, it's not on the shelf so wait time could be a bit longer..." anything that would be more, shall we say, honest as to the actual real-life status. When I finally got my barrel it is shooting so far, so good. Just their MO for customer status notifications is less than optimum.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 384
Threads: 25
Joined: Jan 2017
While I can agree that their shipping methods are a bit off center I really like their attitude concerning Vets and their willingness to put their money where their mouth is, so I have no qualms about ordering from them ... ever.
Posts: 82
Threads: 4
Joined: Jan 2018
I have ordered from them several times and had no problems. I bet its just like stated above. I order from a few places that do it that way.
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
I have had no issues with BCA or their products. I've ordered and received a barrel and side charging upper with BCG. Both were received well within a 15 day period. I actually had occasion to speak with them for a clarification on the barrel, and they were quite helpful and respectful. Tracking numbers were issued when the items shipped, so I'd keep an eye out for that as your "on the way" indication.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Posts: 117
Threads: 31
Joined: Apr 2015
02-11-2018, 05:49 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 10:12 AM by Mopardoctor.)
I have a order in at BCA for a week now for a bolt and firing pin and have seen no movement on the UPS tracking number.
Posts: 166
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2017
I too am waiting on a 6.5G BCG for which I received a shipping notification a week or so ago with no further progress shown by UPS. The BCGs were shown as out of stock for quite a while so I suspect BCA re-listed them as available a little prematurely and doesn't have them ready to ship yet.
I'm not concerned though, as I'm not in a hurry and have had a good experience with the complete 6.5G upper I previously purchased from them.
Posts: 37
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2017
I ordered a barrel in January. It was processed on the fifth and I got it on the eleventh.
Posts: 5
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2018
Good news is they finally shipped my BCG and I should have it tomorrow, 3 week wait but its finally on it's way. I'm ready to put this build together and see how my first Grendel will perform.
Posts: 353
Threads: 21
Joined: Aug 2016
I got my free barrel for being a vet in a couple of weeks and probably about 2 weeks to get the complete upper I recently bought. The upper came a few days earlier than the complete lower I order from another supplier the same day.
Queen of Battle
Follow Me
Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS
Posts: 504
Threads: 7
Joined: May 2013
I visited BCA and came to the conclusion that they are set up for manufacturing more so than retail to the individual consumer. They have no showroom and do not sell there at the factory. It is all online with the main focus on selling their products to other vendors. I do not think they ship everyday, I would guess they gather the orders from a week and have them picked up or pack them in a vehicle and take them for mailing. The receptions is doesn't have any knowledge of the firearms and must call on one guy who runs the sales. They were/are famous for machining other items for large companies and have only recently ventured into making barrels, receivers, handguards, etc. They do however make almost everything there except for small things like springs, nuts and bolts, and other easily obtained items. I have purchased one complete 22e Wylde upper from them, and one complete Grendel upper from Primary Arms; both offer military discount. Primary Arms prices are 30-40 dollars cheaper, and for NC residents there is no tax as there is with BCA. Now since I was there, they have changed their phone system and are trying very hard to please individual online buyers. They have always been very accommodating, courteous, and professional. When their inventory of specific items go out of stock, it may be a few months before they run that item again. That is why I cancelled my out of stock Grendel order with them because Primary Arms had one in stock. Hang in there and keep calling every few days until get your questions answered.
Posts: 53
Threads: 6
Joined: Jan 2018
I have ordered a few barrels from them and it does take a lil more time to receive your product. If you order from primary arms or classic firearms it is quicker.
Posts: 166
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2017
Just yesterday I got a notification that my BCG will be delivered today, even though the day before UPS was only showing that a label had been created. Hopefully that means everyone else waiting on BCGs will have theirs shipped now too.
Posts: 117
Threads: 31
Joined: Apr 2015
They took a week to get my order together, shipped it on the following Monday and was delivered on Friday.
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Primary Arms
Ordered a lower on Monday,shipped Tues, and picked up Wed. afternoon delivered to FFl Wed about 9AM. They said controlled items usually go out in 3 days. Everything else in 1 Day mine went out the next after order. They are fast.