Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First outing with my Grendel.
#1
Overall, I'm extremely happy with how it performed. I had 3 factory loads to test. 123 AMAX, 123 SST, and 123 ELD. Due to some time constraints, I was only able to fire groups for the ELD and AMAX. I spent time dicking around with a shitty $30 "rest" on the bench thinking it would help me get the gun more stable, but it didn't work out so well. Whoops.

As you can see with the AMAX, the top three groups were fired off the rest, the bottom group was fired after I decided to chuck the rest and threw the bipod back on and used a rear bag. All of the 123gr ELD groups were fired off the bipod with a rear bag. You can also see the POI shift when adding my suppressor with the second group on the Black where the group shifted a few inches down (I was aiming for the red circle). Anyways, I don't have much experience with precision/group shooting, so I don't think I did too shabby.

123gr ELD-M Black:
[Image: 34701880243_3b1b1c2aa3_b.jpg]
[Image: 35511530185_4e2316a8ec_b.jpg]

123gr AMAX:
[Image: 35380989521_7d05d53ef3_b.jpg]

Here's the gun:
[Image: 33790990803_485fbd8335_b.jpg]
Reply
#2
Holy moly that's a sexy rig! Real fine shooter as well. Play. On stretching it out?
Reply
#3
Chrono them and then stretch them out.

Pretty boring shooting at 100yds.

You'll have good hit rate out to at least 800yds with any of those loads on 2 MOA targets, provided you know your wind calls. I get bored shooting 12" poppers at 700yds with my Lilja 318 barrel.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#4
Very nice group, and beautiful rifle. Is that burnt bronze cerakote?
Reply
#5
Nice grouping and great looking rifle!
Reply
#6
How do you like running that scope? I have the same glass I plan on putting on my rifle when it comes in. What mount are you using?
Reply
#7
Sweet!
Reply
#8
That is an awesome rifle you have there. What scope is that?
Reply
#9
styner1989 Wrote:That is an awesome rifle you have there. What scope is that?

Looks like a 3-18 razor
Reply
#10
LRRPF52 Wrote:Chrono them and then stretch them out.

Pretty boring shooting at 100yds.

You'll have good hit rate out to at least 800yds with any of those loads on 2 MOA targets, provided you know your wind calls. I get bored shooting 12" poppers at 700yds with my Lilja 318 barrel.

I will eventually. I just became a member at a new shooting club with a 600y range. Only catch is I have to wait for an "orientation" class to come around before I can actually shoot on the 600y range.

For now, I'm stuck with the 200y benchrest range (I think they have a class next month, so hopefully not long).
Reply
#11
Texas Wrote:Very nice group, and beautiful rifle. Is that burnt bronze cerakote?

Nope. The majority of the tan is coming from the Geissele DDC parts. Receivers are Cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan.
Reply
#12
smacha538 Wrote:How do you like running that scope? I have the same glass I plan on putting on my rifle when it comes in. What mount are you using?

I absolutely love the scope. Admittedly, I don't have much long range experience (I've been shooting shorter RDS or LPV equipped ARs for years), but I don't like to do anything half-ass. Other than the weight, the glass is phenomenal, adjustments track well and feel great, and the reticle seems awesome (wasn't sure if I'd like the "christmas tree" style reticle).

Scope is mounted in a Geissele Super Precision mount.

I did have to swap out the PRS stock for a SOPMOD, though. The 3lb. optic/mount combo combined with a 2ish lb. stock was just too much weight.
Reply
#13
smacha538 Wrote:Looks like a 3-18 razor

Yep. 3-18x Razor.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)