Posts: 90
Threads: 16
Joined: Jul 2016
I was looking through their barrels and came across their 6.5 grendel barrels. I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Thought it was weird they offer 16" chrome lined with m4 contour 1/7.5 twist.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1481520.htm
Posts: 31
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2016
Price is right, would probably make for a great plinking barrel.
Posts: 90
Threads: 16
Joined: Jul 2016
Djamiller Wrote:Price is right, would probably make for a great plinking barrel.
Thats what I was thinking probably good to blast the wolf steel case with. Guess I might call them tomorrow and see if they know any more info like if it is saami chamber and who made them.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
I have a feeling these might be left over PSA 6.5 Grendel barrels as the specs are the same. It was rumored PSA sourced these barrels from FN. The PSA price was high and I don't think they sold many. There was also conjecture FN may have been the source for the same barrel sold by Alexander Arms.
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
The 1:7.5 twist was used in the 4150 CMV barrels made by Sabre Defence in Tennessee. Numrich acquired a number of these.
Posts: 57
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2016
Interested to learn if it is a type 1 or 2 chamber!
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
The Sabre Defence barrels take a
136 bolt - type 2
They do have a fairly short freebore.
Have one ordered
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
So is it go to go for lacquered wolf ammo?
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
01-04-2017, 03:52 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 03:55 PM by VASCAR2.)
I think it would be a great barrel for blasting steel cased ammo with bimetal bullets. I forgot about the Sabre Defense barrels, you might be right. Part of the reason I mentioned the PSA barrel is the picture is very similar to the pictures PSA had on their web page. Pictures really don't mean anything today as they can be captured very easily and reused.
Posts: 90
Threads: 16
Joined: Jul 2016
Just got off the phone with them and they are Sabre Defence barrels.
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
01-04-2017, 08:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 08:46 PM by Grendel.)
Xx
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
So the question is how do they compare to faxon group buys?
Posts: 236
Threads: 14
Joined: Nov 2015
Discount code FB2017 takes some off the shipping. Mine will be a steel case truck gun.
I may have to stop visiting this forum with all these deals being posted! Well, except now I need a deal on a BCG. What does the Horde think of the Anderson unit? Or would it be more cost effective to get a 5.56 BCG on special and swap in a Grendel bolt?
Posts: 682
Threads: 56
Joined: Dec 2016
New guy here....
What makes this not ideal for brass factory or reload ammo?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ― George Orwell
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
these barrels do shoot very well for chromed lined barrels. The Hornady 123 gr bullet will sit just short of the lands.
Posts: 1,143
Threads: 51
Joined: May 2012
mdewitt71 Wrote:New guy here....
What makes this not ideal for brass factory or reload ammo?
the will work fine for brass factory or reload or anything else the reason people are emphasizing it as a steel case barrel is because of the increased durability of the chrome lined barrel, many of us have premium match barrels we dont particularly want to run bimetal jacketed bullets through, chrome line barrels are typically not as precise as non chromed barrels due to the nature of the manufactoring process though the show increase durability so it will be a little less precise than a plain steel barrel but more durable between that and the price make it a good option for steel case blasting but the barrel will still shoot nicely with good ammo if you looking for a barrel for a low price this certinly reprisents a good option
Punctuation is for the weak....
Posts: 316
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2014
01-07-2017, 06:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 06:56 PM by jim_bob.)
Word on the street was the sabre defense barrels were shooters, but tended to be over gassed.
@Grendel, I'd lean to the group buy barrels due to nitride vs chrome lined.
Posts: 1,716
Threads: 42
Joined: Aug 2011
Late to the game on this but I just thought I'd point out this looks like a carbine length gas system.
Paul Peloquin
Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Posts: 690
Threads: 70
Joined: Apr 2015
They are only about 1/2 hr from me. Could check that out.
FWIW, they usually have a pretty good inventory of misc parts for older/obsolete guns. I was able to get parts needed to restore a 1950's Sears bolt action 12ga.
Posts: 236
Threads: 14
Joined: Nov 2015
Finally got the notice mine shipped. Guess I better order that Anderson BCG so I can use that case of Wolf ammo I have coming.