Posts: 53
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2015
I need help from the Grendel community! I submitted a picture of me with my Grendel shooting out in the Arizona Desert for the SWFA photo contest and I actually got picked as a finalist. I appreciate any votes any members can send my way. Thanks!
http://swfa.com/ContestViewCustomer.aspx?entry=1611
Setup:
20" BHW Barrel
SWFA 3-15x42 on TPS rings
15" SLR Rifleworks M-lok Rail
Rainier Upper
Spikes Tactical Lower
Larue MBT
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,613
Threads: 24
Joined: Sep 2014
That is an interesting contrast between the 19th (earlier?) century shooting sticks and a 21sr century rifle!
You got my vote!
shootersnotes.com
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Posts: 53
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2015
We rigged up some dowels from home depot to make those shooting shooting sticks. Cheap but they work. Thanks for the votes.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Looks like Arizona, NM, or West Texas.
Your scope is bridging between your upper and the handguard.
You need a 1-piece base. I can see that you have it set up for correct eye relief for your frame, but bridging will induce a flex point between the handguard and upper that can walk around with the optic, causing unexplained POI shifts.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 671
Threads: 75
Joined: Sep 2014
Diddo on the scope mt. Also, added my vote, good luck.
Posts: 25
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 53
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2015
LRRPF52, correct this is in Arizona.
As for the 1-piece mount, yes I am looking to upgrade to a nightforce unimount. I like the 20 MOA built into the mount.
Thanks everyone who has already voted.
Posts: 1,716
Threads: 42
Joined: Aug 2011
tasty_chicken Wrote:As for the 1-piece mount, yes I am looking to upgrade to a nightforce unimount. I like the 20 MOA built into the mount.
I find it amusing that Nightforce markets this mount with the term "ultralite", but fails to list a weight in the specifications. I know LRRPF52 likes his, though. I don't know of any other 1-piece mount that offers a 1.125 height. Just the thing for us little guys to get a good check weld on the AR.
http://nightforceoptics.com/accessories/...-unimount/
Paul Peloquin
Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
Done, but fix the mount or I'll rescind my vote. I don't know about LRRPF52, but seeing a scope mounted to two separate components just drives me nutz.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Posts: 20
Threads: 2
Joined: Feb 2016
There is also the option of extending the stock and pulling the scope back so both rings reside on the UR. Unless you absolutely need the 20MOA.
Posts: 168
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2014
Voted, verified. POF makes a monolithic upper if you want the hard fix.
Posts: 53
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2015
Thanks for the votes and recommendations. I'm still learning so I appreciate any advice I can get! I think the Nightforce unimount is still the one i'm going to go with because of the 20 moa and I also just like the look.
Posts: 182
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 19
Threads: 2
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 24
Threads: 0
Joined: Sep 2014
Voted . . . I also have the BHW 6.5 (264 LBC) in 20-inch. Glad to see you stretch it's legs. :-)
Posts: 3,888
Threads: 211
Joined: Feb 2011
Voted. Good luck!
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Posts: 106
Threads: 5
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 53
Threads: 8
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
tasty_chicken Wrote:Thanks all!
Please let us know how it turns out.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?