Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2015
folks,
As indicated in the post title, I have a Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match Trigger.
Am in process of polishing it. The Nominal pull weight is 4.5 lbs. Would like to decrease it to 3-3.5 lbs.
I am hoping the answer is different springs. If that is not the case and I have to do something more drastic, would it better to get a different trigger group? If so, recommendations.
Thanks and
Regards
Walt
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
11-24-2015, 09:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 09:53 PM by rabiddawg.)
I would try lighter springs first. I believe JP makes someor you may be able to massage yours to achieve what you want.
I tried to polish a milepec trigger once. I made a double tap trigger instead.
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
Go with the lighter springs. Have a care - polishing sears can (and often do) end up compromising the hardened surfaces. Two of my AR15s have RRA NM 2 stage triggers, and both benefited mightily from the spring replacement. Haven't had any issues with light strikes, either.
Having said that, I would point out that you are polishing the sears of that trigger for a reason. I'd suggest make a wish list for your local Santa to read and include a trigger upgrade on it. My RRA NM's are only in those rifles until funding improves.
Posts: 78
Threads: 13
Joined: May 2013
11-24-2015, 11:13 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 11:15 PM by RAM2940.)
RRA makes a 2 stage NM varmit trigger thats around 3.5 trigger pull.
Posts: 18
Threads: 4
Joined: Sep 2015
Had a feeling that a new trigger setup would be the way to go. I like the 2 stage trigger. RRA makes a 'varmit' 2 stage. May be the way to go.
Thanks.
Posts: 990
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2014
All I use in bench and hunting rifles are jard triggers. Single stage, feels like shooting a bolt gun. In a hard use/tactical gun I would go with a geissele or the jp springs on a mil spec trigger with set screw in grip screw hole to take out creep.
Richard
Posts: 239
Threads: 13
Joined: Sep 2015
Springs. Replace the trigger, and disconnector springs with JP. Leave the hammer spring, it has next to no bearing on pull weight IME. Disconnector spring controls the 2nd stage. The small pin will need punched out to change this. I trim the disconnector spring a coil at a time, reassemble and try, until I get the second stage pull I want. Usually 1.5 lb or so on each stage is what I end up with.
FWIW I've done this on maybe 10 of them over the last 4 or 5 years and have zero of them fail in any way.