OK, you probably get these questions all the time but here goes. I have an AR with a Surplus Ammo and Arms lower and Rock River upper. It's very accurate. I want to get a 6.5 upper so I'm looking at options. The options I have been able to find are, AA, Les Baer (.264 LBC), and Precision Firearms that uses Baer barrels and bolt carriers. I'm willing to spend the money on the Baer if it's worth it over the others. Haven't been able to find much on the Precision Firearms but they seem like a good option. Also wondering about barrel length. It will mostly be shot prone or off a bench, putting a Vortex PST 6-24 on it. Thanks for any advice/reviews you can give.
Posts: 4,444
Threads: 97
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome!!
Barrel length might be helpful!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
Looking for advice on that also, but I'm leaning towards 24".
I have a Les Baer, you don't get the frills that some of the other outfits offer, what you do get is the most accurate rifle that can be built around tho style of action and if they are all like mine a rifle that shoots the same dirty or clean. This barrel is phenomenal, I have never seen a barrel so easy to clean, it just does not foul. I can't guarantee that you can't find equal but I can guarantee that you won't be sorry, and if you have questions or trouble and call them you speak to Les himself, not one of his employees, that says a lot.
Barrel length?
I use mine for hunting so I went 20", if I wasn't going to tote it around I would go 24".
Just ordered the Les Baer Supermatch upper in a 24" barrel! I like the fact that they fit it to your lower and test fire it. 8-12 weeks, I'm going to be chomping at the bit.
Good choice and good luck, be sure to let us know how it shoots.