Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My first Grendel...
#1
My first Grendel build. It was built by Parish Davis of Great Southern Gun Works in Mobile, AL. He builds a great rifle, and this is actually my second rifle that he has built.

It's built for the specific purpose of a local steel match (from a bench) with targets at 600, 800, 900, and 1000yds. Definitely not intended to be slung and run through the woods like Rambo. That's what my other AR is for.

Parts list:
VLTOR upper and lower
Pac-Nor 26" bull barrel w/ 1:8 twist chambered in .264lbc
LBC precision complete bolt (.264lbc)
Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger
Magpul PRS buttstock
JP Silent Capture Spring
Midwest Industries MI-T15 Rail
VLTOR ModPod
Magpul MOE + Grip
Phase 5 extended bolt release
JP One-piece flat top mount
IOR Valdada 6-24x50 35mm

I also have a TBAC 30-P1 can, just waiting on my stamp to come back (did the e-file in January). Will have the barrel threaded when I get the can so that it can be timed.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4812&d=1394332721]
Reply
#2
Damn nice gun
Reply
#3
Very Nice Unit!!
Reply
#4
OK, now that is one sweet looking rifle. You will have to let us know how well it does for you.
Reply
#5
Thanks guys! I hope to get to the range one day this week. I'll post some pictures if I do.
Reply
#6
Sharp rifle fo sure!! BANG BANG!!
Reply
#7
Nice boom stick for sure. What bullets are you looking at right now?
Reply
#8
I've got a few boxes of 123 SST and a few of 129 SST. I'll be pushing them with Leverevolution (picked up 4 pounds a few months ago and that was the only powder I could find anywhere that was being reported as a good/safe powder for Grendel loads. I've been keeping up in the reload section so I feel pretty confident about that combination (with Hornady brass and Federal 205 primers).
Reply
#9
Oh, and thanks for the help with the picture.
No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it's over, we may declare it's over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote. - Gen. James Mattis
Reply
#10
I remember when that bipod design came out — Magpul? — and it's still cool. Nice gun!

John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#11
Yes, nice gun...Interesting decision to go no muzzle device...simple precision.
Reply
#12
Bipod legs are Tango Down I believe.
Reply
#13
Nice rig!
Reply
#14
It's the VLTOR Modpod system

http://www.vltor.com/product/mp-1-vltor-modpod/
No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it's over, we may declare it's over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote. - Gen. James Mattis
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)