customcutter
Unregistered
This is my first build, thanks to all the help I got from the horde. I plan on sighting it in this weekend. I still need a MD or thread protector, but haven't decided on one yet. I may just buy a tap and build my own.
FAB Defense GL Shock stock w/cheek riser
Spikes lower
RRA 2 stage
Cross Machine Billet Upper
Kies NiB carrier
Diamondhead VRS-T 13.5" handguard
Seekins adjustable gas block
BCM large latch charging handle
Liberty 18" from group buy (2.255" COAL with Hornady 123gr SST's)
Warne SKEL mount
Vortex PST 2.5X10X44
Posts: 713
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
That is very nice. Congrats let us know how she does. BANG BANG!!
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Very nice, you'll have post a range report.
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Nice looking rifle, I like the Diamond head hand guards. Looking forward to how she shoots.
Posts: 3,087
Threads: 74
Joined: Mar 2011
Awesome looking H. guard. Hope it groups as good as it looks, nicely done!
customcutter
Unregistered
Thanks guys going to try and get her sighted in the AM. Unfortunately not a range, off the tailgate, cooler, shooting stick, whatever. It'll be raining off and on also, but it's a chance to do some scouting and maybe get on some pigs later. Still don't have a thread protector or muzzle device, so I'm sure POI will change when I get one or make one. Tried all week to find a 9/16X24 tap locally, I'll have to order something off the internet I guess.
Posts: 72
Threads: 1
Joined: Oct 2013
Looking forward to your results. Looks like you got a good chamber.
customcutter
Unregistered
What a great day. I met up with hm2 clark and we went out to Rafter T Ranch to do some pre-season scouting and sight in our shotguns and rifles. I only got to put a few rds down the tube. I made sure I was on paper at 30 then backed up to 100. Tried 2 rds between the targets just to make sure I was still on paper, then put 2 on section of the target. About that time the owner showed up and we wrapped up the shooting because he was going to be moving some cows behind the berm. We walked down to the target and the 2 I shot at a target were sub 1/2 MOA. I know it's not a 3 or 5 shot group, but I'm pretty confident it will be a sub MOA hunting rifle. I'll post a pic tomorrow, gotta get some sleep before heading to Daytona in the AM. More about the scouting in the hunting section.
customcutter
Unregistered
Like I said only got to put 2 rds down the tube once I was zeroed in, due to the rancher coming in. I was aiming at the center line of the bottom left square, the area outlined by 4 dark squares. I guess I should have actually sighted in on one of the dark squares. I actually told hm2 after the second shot, that I thought it was just a hair high and right. When we walked up to the target, this is what we saw. Wish I could have gotten a 3 or 5 shot group, but this will have to do till I can get to a range.