I was very impressed with my Grendel this hunting season. I finished the season with 6 hogs, 2 deer and a turkey. I used a green upper on my Grendel project that didn't match Magpul OD. I planned on painting it at some point. I've painted Multicam before, but decided to try Brownel's Alluminhyde II. I used Cototye Tan, it matches Magpul FDE fairly well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4535[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4536[/ATTACH]
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Looks great, the flat dark earth is only a shade darker than coyote tan in my experience. Earth colors are my favorite, I like what you did with your suppressor.
Posts: 990
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2012
The Alumahyde II stuff is not that durable in my experience though. I hope your results vary widely from mine.
Nice looking paint. Keep us informed on the durability of the alumahyde
Richard
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 55
Joined: Mar 2011
Looks good.
AH II has worked reasonably well for me. The keys seem to be good surface prep, and then baking the finish for a few hours at ~200-degrees.
Drifter
Posts: 3,654
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2013
How's the eye relief on that scope? The cantilever mount looks so far back you could probably use normal rings and still be on the upper.
Nice rig.
Posts: 328
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2012
still have hunting season (predator) until March here in Tennessee but am looking forward to a DIY paint job afterwards. glad to hear that you'll let us know the field results.