Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Liberty and AR Stoner Range reports and handloads
#1
This thread is for those that are out shooting with there 5R button rifled Liberty barrels. How accurate is your stick and what are your favorite loads?

My favorite load right now is 123gr SST loaded to 2.265in with 30.8gr of CFE 223. I'm getting 2590fps with my 18in barrel.

Here's a 5 shot group target from this load at 200 yards. I used a Redfield Battlemax scope on 5X power.
[Image: 1479430_10152089887984520_1273449126_n.jpg]
Reply
#2
I order the rest of the parts today to complete my dads grendel. I got him the Stoner 16" barrel from midway. The parts should be here by the 4th so i can get this thing togethet & see how it does. Thats not bad at 200yds!
Reply
#3
Lead Chucker Wrote:I order the rest of the parts today to complete my dads grendel. I got him the Stoner 16" barrel from midway. The parts should be here by the 4th so i can get this thing togethet & see how it does. Thats not bad at 200yds!

The Redfield battlezone has a drop turrent for the .308 168gr HPBT at 2650fps. My load tracks it almost perfectly to 500 yards so i made the adjustments for the 200yard mark on the turret took it off and put it back on so its now dead on at 200 when the turret is set to 200yards.


[Image: 2013-07-23_16-43-45_120.jpg]
Reply
#4
120TTSX loaded to 2.235in with 29.3gr of AA2520 is giving me 2580fps from my 18in Liberty. I don't have targets to show though.

My 24in barrel velocity for 29.3gr of AA2520 was 2650fps.
Reply
#5
Iv been using CFE & XBR in my 18" satern with 123gn amax & SST's. I have over 2lbs of AA 2520 left i havnt used it in a couple years, i may have ti bring it out of retirement & try it in dads 16".
Reply
#6
Lead Chucker Wrote:Iv been using CFE & XBR in my 18" satern with 123gn amax & SST's. I have over 2lbs of AA 2520 left i havnt used it in a couple years, i may have ti bring it out of retirement & try it in dads 16".

It needs less powder do its thing so probably will be a good choice for the 129gr Nosler Long Range when they get released this year. Thats going to be a good round to use in the 20in barrels me thinks.
Reply
#7
I'm going to put a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44mm rifle scope with the Accu-ranger varmint reticule on the 20in fluted barrels that we have on order. This is what the drop will look like with a 120gr SST at 2620fps. I'm guesstimating thats about what my velocity will be at with my handloads.

[Image: 1620578_10152227578922053_1212400575_n.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)