01-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Is there any reason this bolt head wouldn't work for the Grendel ?
|
7.62x39 bolt head
|
|
01-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Is there any reason this bolt head wouldn't work for the Grendel ?
01-22-2014, 11:08 PM
It is a .124' recessed bolt. It would work if you have a BHW Type I barrel. Otherwise, forget it. The standard Grendel bolt is recessed @ ~.135". If your barrel came from anywhere but BHW, there is a 99% chance that your barrel would need the standard bolt.
"A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."
Charles F. Kettering
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
I think a lathe and a carbide bit could make one .011 deeper .I even think a 223 bolt head would take minimum work to make it work.
01-22-2014, 11:51 PM
I think the bolt also is made longer to make up for the added recess.
01-22-2014, 11:58 PM
The Grendel bolt should be 2.810 compared to others at 2.800
01-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Don't forget about surface treatment and hardening
01-23-2014, 02:14 AM
Tedward Wrote:The Grendel bolt should be 2.810 compared to others at 2.800 Ah, so a bolt stretcher needs to be invented.
01-23-2014, 03:13 AM
explorecaves Wrote:Don't forget about surface treatment and hardening Exactly. Hogging out any bolt will remove the hardened face from that bolt, ensuring a shorter life. If done, said bolt will also require a shortened firing pin, as well. Better just to order the real deal. I see no need to cobble something out of spare parts, when you only need to pick up the phone or visit one of several sites. They're available now.
01-23-2014, 03:17 AM
NugginFutz Wrote:Exactly. Hogging out any bolt will remove the hardened face from that bolt, ensuring a shorter life. If done, said bolt will also require a shortened firing pin, as well. Better just to order the real deal. I see no need to cobble something out of spare parts, when you only need to pick up the phone or visit one of several sites. They're available now. Yup, NOW there available, buy them while you can. http://www.maximfirearms.com/online-stor...ndel-bolt/ |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|