Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I hate when that happens!
#1
I some weeks ago placed a Backorder with MidwayUSA.com for an AR-Stoner Barrel and Bolt AR-15 6.5 Grendel Medium M4 Contour 1 in 8" Twist 16" Stainless Steel @ $279.99, Date expected in stock, 9/28/2013.

Yesterday, the Date expected in stock changed to, "Overdue." Today, the Date expected in stock changed to 11/18/2013.
Reply
#2
Maybe that new date is when they will receive enough to fill all of the current back orders and have some in stock.
Reply
#3
That's corporate America at it's finest. Carrying inventory cost money, so it's get the orders then worry about filling them.
Reply
#4
You can thank government America that taxes the inventory that corporate America keeps so corporate America keeps little inventory. Plus the more inventory corporate America keeps the less capital they have for bond holders , future bank loans, Obama care and other possible America government induced expenses such as carbon tax's , thus long waiting periods to customers when government America threatens gun confiscations with limited inventory's and production.
Reply
#5
I also have one on BO with Midway and Satern. I figured I would be getting my Midway barrel ordered today so put my new unfired 16" up for sale this weekend at the Nations Gun Show. No sale so now I'm gona keep it....I really didn't want to sell it but needed the cash. Sold other things so all is good and now I'm gona go the range later today and use it so I can't sell it. Also looks bad ass on my Seeking Lower and Mega Arms setup.

Just keep checking. I got this 16" by checking a few times a day and had one on BO at the time. It came up as in stock so I grabbed it. There BO system sucks, they put available then send out the notifications.
Reply
#6
To update:

October 2, 2013, To: larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com, "Dear Mr. Potterfield, I ordered the 6.5 Grendel Barrel and Bolt (Product #: 884877) back in mid-September prompted by the response I received from the MidwayUSA.com Customer Service Representative on the phone, "We expect that item on September 28." Well, that didn't happen. And, I shared my discontent with fellow 6.5 Grendel Forum Members, on September 30
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...t-happens! And, the "Date expected in stock" has been moving back one day, each day since! Yesterday, I called MidwayUSA.com Customer Service and spoke with "Coleen" on the matter. She said that she would check the matter and get back to me via E-mail. No response, to date. At that time, the date expected in stock was 11/20/2013. I checked the MidwayUSA.com website today: the date expected in stock on this item, now, is 11/21/2013. Mr. Potterfield, a response advising an actual date Product #884877 is expected would be appreciated, that I may decide whether to continue this wait, or cancel the Order. Thank you."

October 3, 2013, From: MidwayUSA Customer Service, "Thanks for your contact with Larry. . . . He asked me to follow up with you. I'm sorry to hear about that problem, but we obviously can't ship what we don't receive from our vendors. . . . All we can do is list their next scheduled delivery date and hope we receive the product. In light of the fact that the barrel is currently listed as 'Backorder Okay,' I'm reasonably confident we'll receive them at the currently indicated date of 11/20. . . . Brian"

October 3, 2013, To: MidwayUSA Customer Service," Dear Brian, Thank you for your courteous response. To update: A check on MidwayUSA.com Product #: 884877, moments ago, produced the following: "Status: Out of stock, Backorder OK, Date expected in stock: 11/22/2013." Another day, another pushback date, maintaining a 50-day waiting period. For those 6.5mm Grendel Enthusiasts, among us, who've waited, patiently, expecting that Barrel and Bolt, the end of September (the initial "Date expected in Stock: 9/28/2013"), it's unnerving (read: psychologically demeaning)! Your explanation of the current market situation, notwithstanding, there has to be a better way --- for the MidwayUSA.com Customer, that is!"

Reply
#7
I guess they should post like all of the other barrels with no date and no BO.

This isnn't the only product like this, there are many. Maybe they should just change there postings... if not oh well, just another day of BO items...
Reply
#8
Had an e mail from them today saying basically they are improving their service and as such as of January 1st 2014 they will be changing all their dealer accounts to retail accounts. So bye bye Midway your dealer pricing sucks anyway so all the more reason to shop else were,
Reply
#9
To update:

October 4, 2013, From: MidwayUSA Customer Service, "Thanks for your patience. Our Merchandising staff contacted me regarding your backordered barrel. They were told by our supplier that the production of the barrels is almost complete, but they're unable to get the bolts. We're hoping for more information about a reasonably firm ship date next week. I appreciate your patience and appologize for any inconvience. . . . Brian"

Meanwhile, the "moving target" date continues: October 4, 2013 MidwayUSA.com website, "Product #: 884877, Date expected in stock: 11/23/2013."
Reply
#10
First, let me say that no offense is meant to anyone.

Next, I would like to ask people to just relax, and give these suppliers a bit of credit.

If a supplier doesn't give any estimated ship dates, people complain. If they do give estimates, and their supplier slips a date (which we all know has become all too common), people complain. If you don't want to put up with the moving dates, go somewhere else, like Cabella's (where you don't know until the day it ships). But as far as a company with integrity goes, you will be very hard pressed to do better than Midway.

And, no, I am not some kind of shill for Midway. I just understand that some things are beyond their control. The key thing to remember is that the dates given are estimates. They are not contractual obligations.

So, Yes - I understand we want our toys. And Yes - I understand we would like them last week/month/year. I also understand that I am, along with 500,000 other people like me, waiting for the same damned toys. So, I consider the best advise to be "Get in line, wait your turn, and make friends with the person next to you". Like it or not, it's going to be a long wait.
Reply
#11
First, let me say that no offense is meant to anyone.

Next, I would like to ask people to just relax, and give these suppliers a bit of credit.

If a supplier doesn't give any estimated ship dates, people complain. If they do give estimates, and their supplier slips a date (which we all know has become all too common), people complain. If you don't want to put up with the moving dates, go somewhere else, like Cabella's (where you don't know until the day it ships). But as far as a company with integrity goes, you will be very hard pressed to do better than Midway.

Another thing to bear in mind is this: Often, they DO receive items on schedule - but not enough to fill all backorders. If you're not one of the lucky few, you wait for the next shipment, etc.

And, no, I am not some kind of shill for Midway. I just understand that some things are beyond their control. The key thing to remember is that the dates given are estimates. They are not contractual obligations.

So, Yes - I understand we want our toys. And Yes - I understand we would like them last week/month/year. I also understand that I am, along with 500,000 other people like me, waiting for the same damned toys. So, I consider the best advise to be "Get in line, wait your turn, and make friends with the person next to you". Like it or not, it's going to be a long wait.
Reply
#12
I completely agree with NugginFutz. I'd just like to add or you can go out and make it happen, like we've done with Lilja and Maxim Firearms. I can't handle sitting back, hoping something works out and I hate waiting in lines, so I find ways around it. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#13
I'm sure this situation is entirely out of Midway's control, as they are an online retailer, not a manufacturer.
Reply
#14
montana Wrote:You can thank government America that taxes the inventory that corporate America keeps so corporate America keeps little inventory. Plus the more inventory corporate America keeps the less capital they have for bond holders , future bank loans, Obama care and other possible America government induced expenses such as carbon tax's , thus long waiting periods to customers when government America threatens gun confiscations with limited inventory's and production.

Precisely on target!
Reply
#15
To update:

December 24, 2013, Just got off the phone with MidwayUSA.com. They just received Product #884877 (AR-Stoner Barrel and Bolt AR-15 6.5 Grendel Medium M4 Contour 1 in 8" Twist 16" Stainless Steel). To ship!
Reply
#16
They have a 30 dollars off code going on now.

It's over soon.

Did you get to use it.
Reply
#17
45r Wrote:They have a 30 dollars off code going on now.

It's over soon.

Did you get to use it.

I wasn't aware of it, nor was it offered when I placed the Order on the phone. However, prompted by your heads-up, I E-mailed Customer Service, referencing today's Order, requesting it. Thanks!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)