So today was the first day I was able to take the 6.5 to the range. Man, I am more than pleased with was precision firearms they build a great gun. well here are some of the results from today. I was shooting Barnes 100 Grn Tac tx with 27 grns of 8208 powder and CCI 450 primers hornady brass
Second pic is 120 Grn Nosler Ballistic Tip 27 Grns of Tac powder hornady brass and cci 450 primers.
Just wanted to share with the masses.
Very nice groups. What barrel length do you have?
Your load of TAC with the 120gr NBT is .5gr lower than a starting load, so you have some room to work with, but the accuracy appears to be there for you.
My gun likes light loads. 27 grns of 8208 and I under .5 Moa as well... Only I use 123sst. Sweet groups!! I'm of the school of thought that you don't burn more powder than you need to to achieve your goal.
LRRPF52 I pulled that load data from the Nosler reloading manual number 7. The load I tested is what they have listed as the most accurate load. I had seen the load data in the Grendel reloading book as well I just figured I would start with the lower of the 2 and see what happens. I am shooting a 24" Bartlein barrel.
PigOps I like your train of thought, I have some 123 A max's That I need to load and test out as well, they will have to wait till the next range day. So I think I have now found my go to gun unless I need the heavy hitting power then I will bring out the big guns!