Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
22 Inch Seekins with Rock Creek Spiral fluted barrel.
#1
[Image: vc16.jpg]

Rifle is owned and was built by Shiloah Mattoon, Operations Manager at Seekins. He's a great guy and a great shooter!

Cerakote by X-Werks, cerakote is Smith Brown.


Seekins Precision SP223 Gen 2 Billet logoed lower
Seekins Precision iRMT-3 billet upper
Seekins Precision SP3R V2 15” handguard
Seekins Precision Melonite 5/8x24 Advanced Tactical Compensator
Seekins Precision Melonite .750 Adjustable Gas Block
Seekins Precision Melonite Gas Tube
Seekins Precision Melonite Enhanced Bolt Catch
Seekins Precision Billet Magazine Release Button
Seekins Precision 34mm X-High scope rings
Rock Creek 22” SS barrel with spiral fluting
Magpul PRS stock
Ergo Tactical Deluxe Grip w/ palm shelf
CMC 3.5lb flat trigger
Bravo Mod 3 charging handle
S&B PMII 4x16x50

By all accounts, its a shooter!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#2
WoW!! VERY NICE!!
Reply
#3
Nice stick.
Reply
#4
Unfortunately, a good friends, not mine!

Unfortunate for me, not for him!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#5
Boy he didn't cut any corners on that one! I know the Seekins stuff is top shelf but I never could warm up to the aesthetics of his lowers.
Reply
#6
What caliber?

Too bad he went with a cheap scope on it...(tss tss tss tss tss tss)
Reply
#7
It's chambered with the LBC .264 reamer.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#8
JohnOD Wrote:Boy he didn't cut any corners on that one! I know the Seekins stuff is top shelf but I never could warm up to the aesthetics of his lowers.

Although it's not traditional AR15 I really like the shape of most of the billet offerings... I have my eye on the new Spartan billet lowers from joebob.. wanting to see what people think of them first.
Reply
#9
you have a picture of the barrel without the guard the spiral fluting is not done justice by the extra long hand guard
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#10
LRRPF52 Wrote:What caliber?

Too bad he went with a cheap scope on it...(tss tss tss tss tss tss)

I just looked at that scope on SWFA, the builder has very fine taste. The DNA on this rifle has got to produce some very fun shooting. I thought the JP rifles were pretty sweet but this build is just exhibits class like a Bugatti Veyron.
Reply
#11
That scope is about as much as the rifle, S&B. Let's see how it shoots.

PigOPs Wrote:Although it's not traditional AR15 I really like the shape of most of the billet offerings... I have my eye on the new Spartan billet lowers from joebob.. wanting to see what people think of them first.

Everything I have seen from Seekins so far is such that I would buy their stuff sight unseen. Their receiver fit & finish is superb when you look at it up close, see how the lines come perfectly together, rock-solid feeling mate between upper and lower, nice aesthetics, etc.
Reply
#12
Just wish they would make or sell some of the SBA-15's. http://www.seekinsprecision.com/ar-lower...lower.html
The SP223 is nice but the standard magwell with the ambi-bolt release is nice too.
Reply
#13
LRRPF52 Wrote:That scope is about as much as the rifle, S&B. Let's see how it shoots.



Everything I have seen from Seekins so far is such that I would buy their stuff sight unseen. Their receiver fit & finish is superb when you look at it up close, see how the lines come perfectly together, rock-solid feeling mate between upper and lower, nice aesthetics, etc.

Roger that! I've had the chance to handle multiple Seekins builds over the past few weeks and they are very well put together, invariably.

This rifle is actually owned by someone closely associated with Seekins, and I'll see if we can't get some grouping pictures sometime soon. I know that I was able to smack steel with it as fast as I could pull the trigger on a 150 yard target, but that was childs play compared to what it was capable of.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#14
Hey what a coincidence, I got that pic yesterday in a text message! bwaites, we must have the same friend. :-) The same guy built my 264 lbc and he can do it justice shooting, I'm a loooong way off. I really should upload some pics.
Reply
#15
Zach987 Wrote:Hey what a coincidence, I got that pic yesterday in a text message! bwaites, we must have the same friend. :-) The same guy built my 264 lbc and he can do it justice shooting, I'm a loooong way off. I really should upload some pics.

Zach, he told me it had a near twin out there, at least as far as the barrel goes! Yes we need pics!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#16
That is one slick looking rifle. I have some Seekins stuff inbound for another build. Really interested in how it shoots. My guess is that it will be stellar.
Reply
#17
The barrel's twin is on his bother's build, mine has a standard 18" stainless rock creek tube. I'll work on pics tonight after class.
Reply
#18
Zach987 Wrote:The barrel's twin is on his bother's build, mine has a standard 18" stainless rock creek tube. I'll work on pics tonight after class.

I see. Cool!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#19
Nice rifle you got there
Reply
#20
Beautiful rifle.

My Lilja barrel will be on a Seekins Billet Lower and Upper......just trying to decide between the Seekins 15" MCSR handguard and the 15" Geissele MK4.......i have both sitting in my safe.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)