Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deer No. 1
#1
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4233]
Reply
#2
I checked with Bill W. , about posting this-he said okay. Shorty is broken in. I just posted a new album also.
Reply
#3
Congrats details? Bullet, range, load?
Reply
#4
Good job Sneaky Shorty
Reply
#5
Well done S1! Keep em coming Smile
Reply
#6
Good deal! Yes, more details. Is shorty a 16"?

Also, looks like you got blood on your rifle, might want to clean that up!
Reply
#7
Good deal!! It's good to see snow on the ground. Makes me wanna get the Yamahas ready for a snowmobile trip.
Reply
#8
Congrats Sneaky!
Best,
PA
Reply
#9
Congrats S1 - tell us more!
Reply
#10
Very nice sneaky one I'm jealous. Since I have to wait till next year for Grendel vs deer. Not from lack of trying though Wink
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#11
Thanks guys! I put more details in my recent album. Yes it's a 16" bbl. The red on forearm is a nitro fish decal. about a 50 yd. shot-110 Barnes TTSX x 2.

First shot was to be a perfect broadside hit, he stepped to his rt.- at the shot. The bullet hit him in the Rt. front leg bone-bicep area-shattered it like a .308 hit it. We found it just inside the hide on lt. rear rib area=2 petals were gone.

He hobbled toward my stand-6 trees behind me prevented a finishing shot, Next time I saw him he was directly under my stand! Crap! no shot..he seemed like his internal injuries were not that bad...hmmmm. Finally he hopped forward-23' from the guns muzzle-I put the crosshair on the back of his neck-squeezed the trigger, only to hear a click.
That's when I remembered that when I changed lowers-the buffer was an H2-so the spent shell was still in the chamber. I leaned on the shooting rail- charged the rifle-at that sound he took off like a bat out of hades! I shouldered the gun-and shot thru his lt. rib area-he went a short distance, and piled up.

After we dismantled him-turns out the second shot was 2" away from the first bullets resting spot. This one went into the almost same spot on front leg-shoulder-we found it there. All in all , we only lost about 3 lbs. of leg meat.. Both lungs were liquefied-to the point of virtually no tissue left. The heart was missing the top 1/3rd-where all the main veins are. Looked like tomato soup inside!
Very impressive performance, from a lighter pill, only traveling about 2400 fps.. I will probably never use many lead based pills again for hunting.

This pill is designed for use with the .300BLK's slightly lower lower speeds. In the S 40, the energy is same as the Grrr, and my Ruger .44 mg. 18" carbine=about 1800 ft. lbs.

Oh, almost forgot. The powder charge is 21.3 grns. of H110-over a CCI 450 primer-Lake City brass. The mag is a 30 rnd. Pmag-cut down to hold 20 rounds.
Reply
#12
Congrats Sneaky!
Reply
#13
Great pictures and and story, looks like you have a game getter of a rifle. Thanks for sharing.
Reply
#14
Great harvest, and I am really liking that handguard.
Reply
#15
Thanks SC hunter-Montana- MrFrankZ, yeah my vision on that handguard gets a lot of stares- Q & A, also. I might take a try at a 6 pos. stock. next..

My pal Blade did the majority of the fitting-he builds rifles-stocks , etc. I get to come up with the ideas.
Reply
#16
nicely done S1!! The shorty has earned its spot in the arsenal I see. I do like the idea on that handguard, I think wood on an AR would sell alot of naysayers on the platform for hunting purposes. Nice work, talk soon.

Richard
Reply
#17
Thanks RS, let me know of any successes. I'll be with fone, as always. Shorty is cool, handy-I agree on the naysayers. Happy holiday!

S1
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)