Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My son's first buck (123 gr SST)
#1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4254[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
What a great picture. Tell us more about it -- how old is the lad? How long a shot? Congrats to the young man.
Reply
#3
It is awesome to see kids being taught that the AR platform is just a normal gun, and not some evil, black death machine. Even moreso when the kid has a great memory to look back on.
Reply
#4
He's 8 and shot to deer at about 75 yards quartering away. The old mule kick signaled a good hit and he ran maybe 25 yards. It wasn't his first deer, but it was his first set of antlers. Needless to say, he was pretty stoked...and so was I. It was actually my 9 year old's hunting day, but since he had already taken a buck, he volunteered to hand the rifle over to his brother. Of course that makes the next hunt his, but I thought it was a mighty brotherly thing to do, knowing there were other bucks un the area (deer cam pics). It was just one of those great afternoon hunts you don't forget.
Reply
#5
awesome! Congrats!
I agree with MrFrankZ.... it is great to teach kids that the AR platform is not evil... plus, I feel like the ability to shoot a powerful caliber and have minimal recoil is great to teaching kids as well.
I didn't kill my first deer until I was in College I believe.. (after years of unsuccessful hunts with a shotgun!)... killed that first one with a .223..

I never had kids.. but my girlfriends son is 8 and I plan on taking him hunting soon... and an AR will be the planned gun for him to use for the low recoil..!
Congrats again
Reply
#6
Tell your son congratulations, he's younger than I was when I got my first deer. Tell your nine year old, "good job" for being a good older brother. Great picture and story, thanks for sharing.
Reply
#7
Awesome! Great first buck! Congrats all around! These are times he will never forget. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
Reply
#8
Let's make that picture a bit bigger. Very nice buck for the lad.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4254&d=1385472670]
Reply
#9
Excellent! Warms my heart. Congrats to your son!

John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#10
Great to see some more "Grendel Kids" in North Carolina. NE North Carolina normally don't have big bodied piebald bucks, great job! Kids have all the luck. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...first-Buck
Reply
#11
Great job! Congratulations!
Best,
PA
Reply
#12
Awesome job , good to know we still have the youngins hunting, and not playing video games all day. Pat each other on the back!
Reply
#13
good job to the young man. That is an interesting looking deer....sort of piebald coat pattern with extra white splashes.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)