Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mags
#1
I bought some AR Stoner mags that have this on them. Is it actually an Alexander Arms mag?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4244[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
Al the mag come from the same source so it must have been a mix up of some kind but all the Grendel mags have the same manufactor
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#3
Same mags as Midwayusa AR Stoner brand you just pay more to see Alexander Arms on your mag lol....
Reply
#4
XcountryRider Wrote:Same mags as Midwayusa AR Stoner brand you just pay more to see Alexander Arms on your mag lol....

I could be mistaken, but I think the mags which go through AA's facility actually go through extra QC steps.

(In this particular case, it was likely a simple parts mixup.)
Drifter
Reply
#5
Drifter Wrote:I could be mistaken, but I think the mags which go through AA's facility actually go through extra QC steps.

(In this particular case, it was likely a simple parts mixup.)

Ya and then that QC Sucks. I paid $25 at Midway a few weeks ago for a AA Beowulf Mag. It SUCKS. I still have it and the follower sticks half way down and doesn't pop back up. I have to wiggle it to get it to move back up to the top. My 223 mags work much better and are C-products. The followers glide smoothly. Push down, pop up...all day long.
Reply
#6
The CProducts and ASC mags that AA purchases are run through a feed/function device to ensure that they actually work, and the feed lips are at the correct angle. They are then branded with the AA floor plate.

Midway USA will get inventory from wherever they can.
Reply
#7
Midway has the AA mags with there branded floor plates and AA packaging with the issue above on post #5. Not sure what QC the did but the follower sticks for the extra $10 a mag. That's all..
Reply
#8
I don't recall anyone having issues with 6.5 Grendel mags from AA to date. Maybe there have been some, but I honestly don't recall any posts about them.

On the old forum, we used to hear nothing but problems about CProducts mags. I think there was even a section dedicated to dealing with magazine issues, it was that bad. We would frequently see old CProucts mags with feed lips where one lip was 90 degrees in relation to the vertical, and the other one was the correct angle to set the cartridges up for feeding into the chamber.

There were tutorials on how to bend and twist the feed lips to get into place, and how to polish the abortion all up after red neck engineering them. I can't recall the last time I've seen mag issues like that, and it seems to coincide with the time CProducts went through the lawsuit, business name changes, fragmenting of the company, and emergence of ASC and C Products Defense.

I was just lucky I guess because all of my mags, except the 17rd dead on arrivals, will load to capacity, feed and function like a charm. The 17rd Products mags, which AA rejected on site, can only be loaded with about 7 rounds for me, or they will malfunction.
Reply
#9
I don't have any AA Grendel Mags but ordered them and still havent received anything. I will say the C-product 10 round mags only hold 9. They do now have a new painted mag avalible, I got one recently and it has a different logo on the floor plate, it holds the 10 rounds. They did something to the spring I imagine. I have had no issue with any of my C-product mags feed lips.

All of mine (C-products only used) have worked great but I've only been Grendeling a few years now.
Reply
#10
Tedward Wrote:Ya and then that QC Sucks. I paid $25 at Midway a few weeks ago for a AA Beowulf Mag. It SUCKS. I still have it and the follower sticks half way down and doesn't pop back up. I have to wiggle it to get it to move back up to the top. My 223 mags work much better and are C-products. The followers glide smoothly. Push down, pop up...all day long.

Beowulf mags are standard .223 mags, at least mine are. Don't like AA mags? Swap in a Magpul follower. Or, for the Beo, run Magpul PMags! Most of us running a lot of Beo ammo through our guns swapped followers a long time ago. We polished the steel mag feed lips to avoid brass scratching.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#11
Interesting enough. The 10 rd AR-Stoners I bought last November had the Stoner Floor plates, and ASC followers. The 17 rd ASC mags I bought a month later had ASC floor plates and, of course, the same ASC followers. Both types were purchased from MidwayUSA. All load to capacity, and feed 100% reliably.

On a separate thread (http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...#post75831) Drifter mentioned that the AR-Stoner and AA mags were made by the same company.

Apparently, someone at said company was asleep at the switch.
Reply
#12
AR-Stoner is a marketing name for Midway. They don't make anything. They buy products from manufacturers, then label them under the AR-Stoner brand as a distribution method for some reason. I've never really understood it, but that's what it is.
Reply
#13
LRRPF52 Wrote:AR-Stoner is a marketing name for Midway. They don't make anything. They buy products from manufacturers, then label them under the AR-Stoner brand as a distribution method for some reason. I've never really understood it, but that's what it is.

It's somewhat of a "house brand" concept. It's an effort on behalf of the retailer to establish a relationship with the consumer via a brand that isn't available elsewhere. It's usually sold at a lower price than "brand name" merchandise. Cost to retailer is also lower because the product line has been narrowed to meet the needs of a particular customer base, and advertising costs are not incurred by the manufacturer.

Product quality may or may not be the same as comparable brands. In some cases, it's the exact same product, but there can be significant differences. And usually, there is a nondisclosure agreement between manufacturer and retailer for various reasons.
Drifter
Reply
#14
ar stoner equals midwayusa brand i bought a 10.5 blackout barrel from them because it was 10 cheaper then buying it from the source which is liberty barrels ie saterns button riffled 5r barrels i have a few Grendel and 556 mags which are branded ar stoner and they work fine
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#15
Tedward Wrote:I don't have any AA Grendel Mags but ordered them and still havent received anything. I will say the C-product 10 round mags only hold 9. They do now have a new painted mag avalible, I got one recently and it has a different logo on the floor plate, it holds the 10 rounds. They did something to the spring I imagine. I have had no issue with any of my C-product mags feed lips.

All of mine (C-products only used) have worked great but I've only been Grendeling a few years now.

Had a few stoner and a few ACS 5 rd mags. Converted them all to 10 rd. I suspect maybe the follower is cut poorly on yours and so only allows it to hold 9? They all seemed to be pretty sloppily done on my mags, so that is what i suspect...
Reply
#16
Stop screwing around with the metal magazines and get yourself some mag pul 20 round straight magazines..... They work real well..... And before anyone roast me about it on this forum,,, try it first! Then comment
Reply
#17
(Ducking for cover!)
Reply
#18
sureshot Wrote:Stop screwing around with the metal magazines and get yourself some mag pul 20 round straight magazines..... They work real well..... And before anyone roast me about it on this forum,,, try it first! Then comment

How many rounds can you fit in those pmags before spontaneous unloads?
"A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)