11-04-2013, 01:45 AM
![[Image: IMG_20131102_092100_102-1_zpscf0bbeab.jpg]](http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/rsvetlik/IMG_20131102_092100_102-1_zpscf0bbeab.jpg)
![[Image: IMG_20131013_211031_488_zpsdbff357a.jpg]](http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/rsvetlik/Deer%20Hunting%202013/IMG_20131013_211031_488_zpsdbff357a.jpg)
Shot this big boy yesterday morning and missed a couple of his offspring. The deer came back this morning. Saw these 2 big bucks, but I will wait until next weekend to drop one of them. Taking the Grendel again.
|
Big TX Boar Down
|
|
11-04-2013, 01:45 AM
![]() ![]() Shot this big boy yesterday morning and missed a couple of his offspring. The deer came back this morning. Saw these 2 big bucks, but I will wait until next weekend to drop one of them. Taking the Grendel again.
11-04-2013, 02:45 AM
nice work on the hog!
Now, the camera angle?? you got a trail cam mounted down low? or you got an underground blind??
11-04-2013, 03:34 AM
What, you don't use bunker blinds? :-D
I have the trail cam on the base of a tree nearby. Makes for some interesting shots.
11-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Nice deer! I'd take either, of course I've never shot ANY deer, so they would both be the biggest I've ever shot!
![]() Very nice hog too!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
11-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Here's the one I'm hunting next weekend. Showed up on the camera last week.
11-04-2013, 05:40 AM
Wowzah!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
11-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but how can a regular guy like myself get access to those kind of deer? I recently moved to Texas and I'm looking to hunt deer and hogs so any pointers would be helpful.
Thanks!
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Gotta pay to play on bucks like this in general. Leases like this run $3-5K per year, and we feed lots of protein. Big deer on cheap leases or public land in TX are pretty rare. I'm not big on this fact, but I got tired of not seeing deer on our family land and E TX leases, so I bit the bullet and joined this lease. Did it for many reasons, including my stress level.
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Nice freaking hog daddy! Look at the rack on that buck. What load are you using?
11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
129gr SST over 29.0gr BLC2.
11-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Gotta love hunting season. Heavy animals,heavy bullet, BLC (2). Priceless.
11-05-2013, 06:46 PM
nice deer. looking for a good lease next year.
11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
This is my first year on this lease thru a buddy's referral, and I was able to join after they have managed it many years. The deer herd is in awesome shape, and the bucks are getting bigger each year. We fed 7 tons of cottonseed this spring and summer, and it appears to be working.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|