10-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Nice report tools. Great recovery on the Barney unit too.
|
6.5 Grendel VS Deer
|
|
10-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Nice report tools. Great recovery on the Barney unit too.
10-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Just got word may be getting tags after all. They had a meeting and handed out tags on Saturday, only problem the land owner that owns the properties I hunt was out of town. I am hoping he had a representative there or he can get them later. If so kill count goes way up.
10-30-2013, 04:28 AM
10-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Is that the exit?
10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
So so jelly.
Congrats.
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.
Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012. Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
This weekend i finally got to get out with my new 6.5 build.. I had Hornady 123 SST factory loads..
A couple of notes: My MUZZLE BREAK is terribly loud! Gotta rethink that.. Anyone got any recommendations? Thinkin i'll go back to a thread protector... in a hunting environment, i dont think i need the benefits of a muzzle break unless i get into some longer range situations.. I have never liked SST's... never liked them in my .30-06... I killed 2 does saturday with SST's... one was a high shoulder shot and dropped her standstill dead.. (but no exit wound).. Second was a neck entry and hit the offside shoulder.. Graveyard dead 100 yds away, but no blood.... fortunately, she ran down a clean trail/road in the woods and i heard her drop and found her quickly... But the lack of exits and blood always concerns me! I have some loads worked up and will try some different bullets... but curious of how much of the SST users are getting exit wounds. I suspect had I done some double lung shots, probably would have gotten pass throughs.. will try that on a later trip. (i hunt a property through work that is on DMAP and the biologists recommend 250 does to be taken this year!)
10-31-2013, 02:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 02:27 AM by sneaky one.)
Geaux,, sounds like you need a mono-Gilding metal alternative bullet.
The sst does work, I had good shooting with them a many times over. Yet the Unleaded units are accurate-loses no wt., 2 blood trails to see on the ground. Dumps 95 % of energy inside of the game animal. GMX-is the favorite of mine -so far. Main reason for a pass thru is retained wt. Think upon this.. I have been on this for 3 yrs. now. I am done with old school lead cup core units. Time to use the newest ideas , for easier game hunts.
10-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Tools- nice deer. The old reliable IB in a lighter wt, is awesome too!
10-31-2013, 02:38 AM
7WSM, nice deer-do you still feel the need for a 7mmWSM?=I sold my 7mm mag. 5 yrs. ago, never looked back. Grrrendel does all the work for me- in a non magnumized rifle.
Nice report, good shooting!
10-31-2013, 03:06 AM
sneaky one Wrote:7WSM, nice deer-do you still feel the need for a 7mmWSM?=I sold my 7mm mag. 5 yrs. ago, never looked back. Grrrendel does all the work for me- in a non magnumized rifle. LOL, 7WSM is an old screen name. I'm also registered to that SN on other forums so it's just easier for me to remember. But, the 7 WSM is long gone. This is actually my first year with the Grendel. I ordered it last December and received it around April of this year. I really like it and have made it my primary long gun when I go out hunting.
10-31-2013, 03:09 AM
toolsofthetrade Wrote:Is that the exit? Thats the entrance wound. Bullet did not exit. It shattered in the neck bone. Deer was DRT.
11-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Ok season opens tomorrow. We did get the management permits so I will be shooting lots of deer. Unfortunately they moved the donation trailer 45 miles away. I am in the middle of remodeling my only current bathroom so I most likely will not be shooting any does this weekend. If I get a shot at a good buck, I will introduce him to the 6.5G
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|