Kentucky,
Half of the group was in that plane while I had the pleasure of riding in a '62 Hello Courier. That plane had balls!
Posts: 990
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2012
Those are great STOL aircraft as well! Maybe someday.
Posts: 369
Threads: 53
Joined: Mar 2012
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM by Blacklab.)
Awesome hunt an story. Your #6 picture of your reindeer shows how big and beautiful he was. Congrats! and thanks for shareing.
p.s.
I have 300 bullets of 123 sst to develope the perfect load for my 18 inch grendel. With your report an pics nothing but confindence. Thanks wink
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.
Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.
Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
Great hunt/pics and I'm glad I'm not the only one up here running a Grendel. I just wish Sportsmans carried ammo ...
Feetpiece,
As you know when in Alaska you cannot take advantage of the online ammo companies. Most will not ship due to stricter shipping/hazmat laws from Obama. What I did is order several hundred rounds then used a cargo shipper to ship it on the barge to anchorage. It cost me about $70 for the shipping but it was a lot of ammo. I would suggest looking into that. If you cannot ship it directly to the cargo company from online store I would not mind buying it for you and shipping if you pay for it.
I heard ammo king was going out of business on Boniface. They do carry wolf grendel ammo which is good for plinking and practice.
Ryan
Posts: 990
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2012
I thought the problem of online ammo shipping to Alaska was more Stephen Harper et al. won't let it through at all. : )
Posts: 522
Threads: 155
Joined: May 2011
As a fyi I had the same problem with the 120's in my bhw barrel, but the 100gr ttsx shoots really good.
Looks like an awesome hunt, would really like to get a caribou myself someday
I appreciate the info - pm inbound shortly.
What a nice hunting story! Think it made of us want to go out too. Have you sent this story to Hornady? I think they would very happy to hear how well the 123 SST held up not only in distance but on big beautiful caribou. Really made my day!