Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel on Steel, videos
#1
6.5 Grendel videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrnNvJSbBuc
Reply
#2
Check out the slow motion shots at the end.
Reply
#3
Great shooting and video, thanks for putting it together. And that rifle range, sweet.
Reply
#4
Awsome video!
Reply
#5
Love the video especially the slow motion at the end with the sound effects. Good test in the rain as well Wink Thanks for sharing.
Reply
#6
Details on the gun?
Reply
#7
I built the rifle. It has an Alexander Arms 20" light weight barrel(although it is not very light weight), AA muzzle brake, Millet tactical scope, Geissele trigger/hammer kit 3 1/2 pound two stage. About a 1.5 pound let off after the slack is taken up. Midwest industries free float handguard.
Reply
#8
Nicely done! Shooting in the rain in calm conditions is fun, because you can really pick up trace with all that moisture in the air!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#9
I'm not sure. On my last video I could see the trace better. it was sunny but cool out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCJUzUHqYfI On this one I did not see trace when it was raining. When it stopped raining I could see it better. I'll have to experiment more with the video cameras and down range shots.
Reply
#10
Great video thanks!
Reply
#11
That's a fun video right there. Thanks for sharing.
Reply
#12
Great video. I loved sound effects with the slow mo.
Reply
#13
Thanks for taking the time to put a great video together. Just curious, though. What makes Las Cruces so attractive that you'd drive across 2/3 of Texas to shoot there? Surely it has something to do with relatives, and not availability of ranges near the homestead.
Reply
#14
My dad lives there and when I go out to visit we go to the range. There are some nice ranges here in Texas as well.
Reply
#15
Well done, that's a nice gun.

Does that brake take a lot of recoil out of it? I'm watching the gun and the shooters shoulders in the video wondering how much recoil the AA brake takes off.
Reply
#16
I haven't tried it without the brake but I assume it takes some recoil off. As you can see with the bipod it still has some push to it but it doesn't hurt. I also have a .300 win mag that without the brake you are done in 5 rounds. with the brake 100 rounds is ok.
Reply
#17
Nice vids! Grendel without a brake doesn't have much kick at all...very similar to 5.56. I had a sako trg42 in .300 win mag and I agree without a brake .300wm isn't much fun on the shoulder haha.
Reply
#18
Is that range out West of town?
Good green chile there also.
Makes me homesick.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)