Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First deer of the season
#1
Grendel 1, deer 0. Shot my first deer of the season last Saturday during the disabled hunt here in MI.

No photo, just a nice doe. Have not figured out a way to eat the horns:-)

Going to the range to test something other than the AMAX tomorrow.
Reply
#2
Nice. Distance, load used, point of aim, point of impact, terminal results, DRT?, barrel length?
Reply
#3
Congrates on the meat in the freezer. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of a nice doe. Were you using factory ammo? What kind of a hit did you get on her, did she go far?
Reply
#4
123 gr AMAX 27.7 gr XBR. 100 yards, shot through the neck. DRT.. 20" AA fluted barrel.

Worked on the AMAX, 120 Pro Hunter, and 120 Nosler BT today. Wil post those targets if I can.
Reply
#5
did you get a pass through or did it neck stop it?
I killed 2 with SST's this weekend and neither passed through.. both dead but 1 ran.. I have some handloads that are A-Max and will try them next trip..
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)