sneaky one may be right -- the all-copper expanding bullets in the lighter (100 gr class) have the potential to become "rockstars" in the Grendel.
The Hornady HITS score is indeed very high on the list of credible indicators of performance of standard bullets.
I started looking for alternatives mostly because I couldn't find a method that relates the performance of all-copper, partition, and bonded bullets. I knew from the start of the search that a 45 gr TTSX was probably not as good a game anchoring bullet as, say, a 225 gr Core-Lokt .338 Win Mag , but there's a lot of water between those two points.
It turns out that a few other folks have been doing relevant research, although I will admit that it almost seems to be a stretch to use the insights of hunters from the mesolithic period (10,000 years ago), but that is the starting point for the ideal bullet weight method. Combining those insights with the results of extensive terminal ballistics testing by 3 - 4 other people builds a basis for comparing the bullet types.
The
Ideal Bullet Weight discussion shows the relationships in a single chart and gives a top-level view of how 10,000 year-old insights were combined with modern testing to develop the relative performance metrics.
And, yes, the 100 gr TTSX is a pretty good choice for all game one might sensibly go after. While it is close to being OK for elk, one might consider the 120 gr all-copper bullets or the 140 gr Lapua Naturalis for the larger ones.