Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Movie guns
#1
I know it's not a Grendel. We made 16 of these guns for the movie RIPD. Now that the movie is releasing I can show photos of them. We made these well over a year ago. Without a doubt my favorite prop that I have made to date.They started out as a S&W model 500 chambered in .50 and .460. The barrels and cylinders were discarded. The new cylinders were machined to accept .17hmr in the inner ring and .357 mag in the outer ring. They are still considered a fully functional firearm. A little viewing window had to be cut near the bottom of the handgrip extensions we did to the frame so the serial # could still be seen. The hero version was sent to an engraver and then out to be gold plated. Guarantee you these ended up as some expensive gifts to the directors and actors and producers. None of whom have any idea what went into making them.
Reply
#2
Are the new cylinders rifled? That's beautiful work.
Reply
#3
Do you have any photos of the rear of the cylinder?
Reply
#4
LRRPF52 Wrote:Are the new cylinders rifled? That's beautiful work.
The barrels are rifled, we sleeved an already made section of barrel into the frame. The guy who we sent them to who did the engraving is an artist.
Reply
#5
MrFrankZ Wrote:Do you have any photos of the rear of the cylinder?

No, They're not keen on a lot of photos taken at work. Kind of like working in a skunk works.
Reply
#6
Awesome work! If only I could get a gift like that...just once
Reply
#7
That's cool. Can you imagine the conversation at the meeting to develop and budget this prop? Wild!
Reply
#8
I think the budget just for those guns was in the 250,000 range. If you want something with a bit more pop, how about a nuclear warhead
Reply
#9
I'll take four! Can I pay in small bills!? Lol
Reply
#10
ricsmall Wrote:I'll take four! Can I pay in small bills!? Lol
The NSA will be by shortly. They'd like a word with you, Mr Il.
Reply
#11
Chukkar, nice work=that's the job I always wanted. Tweak, create on demand. Any job openings ?
Reply
#12
sneaky one Wrote:Chukkar, nice work=that's the job I always wanted. Tweak, create on demand. Any job openings ?
You for got to add in customer changes and ridiculous deadlines. I still love the work though
Reply
#13
Chukkar Chaser Wrote:I think the budget just for those guns was in the 250,000 range. If you want something with a bit more pop, how about a nuclear warhead

No such thing as over kill.
Reply
#14
Well said whelonon. Bring a tank to a deer hunt stand, I always say. If on a mission=get it done.

Fancy -nice guns=great job C.C.

Still waitin on the jobs report=any?
Reply
#15
sneaky one Wrote:Well said whelonon. Bring a tank to a deer hunt stand, I always say. If on a mission=get it done.

Fancy -nice guns=great job C.C.

Still waitin on the jobs report=any?
Thanks for the nice words. Sorry no job openings yet. Maybe I can pay you off with this
Reply
#16
A fellow member wanted pics of my machined 80% lower. Tried to send them in a pm but was un able so am posting them here. She's 7075 aluminum then laser engraved and then type III anodized with Teflon.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)