Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
At the range -- 16" @ 100yr
#1
I strapped Mankussm’s 16” he sold me onto an M&P15 lower; not the ideal trigger but I wanted to shoot with Magpul collapsible ACS stock verses the Magpul fixed PRS on my 20” Grendel. I tried it out at 100yr (Hornady 123 A-MAX) as that is around the maximum I’d shoot hog hunting in the Central FL woods. I simulated leaning against a tree and propping the barrel on a branch.

I never hit the bullseye but I’m happy w/ the grouping. This is a much better hog hunting weapon verses the heavier 20” I was lugging around through the dense foliage. I may even choose it as a personal defense rifle over any of our 5.56’s. To be fair, I didn’t fire hundreds of rounds through it like I frequently do with our AR’s.

Thanks Stephen – I went to clean & lube prior to taking it out and there wasn’t a speck of carbon. Next time you’re in the Tampa area I’ll give you a few beers to get all my rifles that pristine. Wink


[ATTACH=CONFIG]3528[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3530[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
Lookin' good! I think you made a good choice getting the 16" for your hogs.

John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#3
There's a lot to be said about a nice light weight 16" upper for out in the woods. Nice shootin.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)