Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Last of The Sabre's...
#1
[Image: IMG_3422.JPG]

Sabre Defence 6.5 Grendel 24" 410 Stainless heavy upper w/JP Enterprises Handguard
DSArms ZM4 lower w/Geissele SSA-E trigger
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Mil/Mil scope

So far...
1 MOA @ 600 yards with Hornady 123gr A-MAX
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

http://www.el-wray.blogspot.com
Reply
#2
Great looking and shooting gun. Congrats! I'm jealous.
I'm waiting on a 24" barrel now. How do you like the trigger and Vortex?

To help unload some of the weight, I've been shopping handguard weights. I'm contemplating a Lancer Composite.
What bi-pod is that?
Reply
#3
I shopped for a trigger that would serve the Grendel upper as well as a DSArms 5.56 ZM4 16" midlength upper, and so far, the SSA-E has served each role equally well. And the Vortex Viper... for a scope under a $1000, IMHO it can't be beat! The bipod is a 6"-9" Harris.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

http://www.el-wray.blogspot.com
Reply
#4
F.Y.I.
I was running the rifle up at the Hollow Training Center in Mt. Carroll, IL with an experienced "operator" who had never worked with the 6.5 Grendel. He was astonished by the rifle and how it outperformed even his expectations of its capabilities! When he fired it from the 600 yard line, he even commented that it sounded and felt like it was suppressed (when it wasn't). Not that I want to sound like an advertisement, but it must have been attributed to the Spike's ST-T2 buffer along with a Tubb's flat spring, not to mention the inherent low recoil of the cartridge being fired from a "heavy" 24" barrel. By the end of the day, he was sold on the cartridge!
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

http://www.el-wray.blogspot.com
Reply
#5
The Corp. weenies haven't recognized the Grendel but shooters at the ranges are taking notice. Nicely done, both the rifle and shooting.
Reply
#6
El Wray, nice job on promoting the cartridge-I try to do this every time I get to a range-hunt shoot area.
I've had a few guys that were in Iraq- comment at the range==thinking hmmmmmm this would have been the ticket in 04-05= back in the day, for a street sweeper, & a sniper round to 800 yds. across the mountain tops. I'm sure it was tested there thru Bill A.- I know it was .
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)