07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Well I just ordered the 18 in barrel and bolt kit from AA the lady said it was in stock and should ship within 10 days. Does anyone know if they are pretty accurate on shipping times?
|
just ordered 18 inch barrel bolt combo
|
|
07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Well I just ordered the 18 in barrel and bolt kit from AA the lady said it was in stock and should ship within 10 days. Does anyone know if they are pretty accurate on shipping times?
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
AA was really quick on my two orders for items they had in stock. Both times they said I should have them within two weeks and they were delivered in 6 and 8 days.
When you order something they don't have in stock, they're dependent on their suppliers which makes it a real crapshoot. My last order was a barrel & bolt combo they didn't have in stock. The barrels came in and something wasn't up to Bill A.'s standards and they were shipped back and I had to wait for the next order. Now don't get me wrong because that is one of the reasons I go through AA even for items I could buy direct from the supplier. I like that extra level of quality control and I've always been happy with anything Bill A. says is okay. I'd rather wait a little longer and not have to return something myself. As with any supplier, I would call them around the 10 day time frame they mentioned and just make sure they still have you ready to go just so your order doesn't get lost. Good Luck on your build. Lee
07-03-2011, 03:43 AM
tsu,
I ordered the same barrel about a week ago and I spoke with Kim Thursday about it. She told me Steve would be finishing those barrels this weekend and that they will most likely ship after the holiday. Cheers, Will
07-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys, they said they were in stock im just anxious to get it and try it out
07-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Hey Will,
Did you just get the barrel and bolt?
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
WillD Wrote:tsu,I am confused. It sounds like Will ordered a SATERN barrel from KIM and Steve at Satern and TSU ordered an 18" barrel from AA from unknown barrel maker, or is it made by Satern and sold by AA?
07-06-2011, 02:26 AM
I ordered the Grendel 18 in button rifled barrel from AA
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I have the std 18" barrel from AA and it shoots well. It likes the 123Amax best so far. Factory or my reloads of the 123Amax have performed best. Only tries a few others so far. Mostly lighter varmint bullets. But the 123 will shoot 1.5-1.25" at 200 yards with me pulling the trigger all day.
07-06-2011, 08:00 PM
It shows they charged my cc today so it should be on its way pretty quick
07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
tsutexan34 Wrote:I ordered the Grendel 18 in button rifled barrel from AAThat's great, I think you will like it very much. I have the same barrel but in 24". I also have the 20" Satern barrel. I have about 30 rds thru the Satern and about 80 thru my AA 24". Currently the AA out shoots the Satern much to my surprise. You will not be disappointed in the AA 18", good buy!!
07-07-2011, 03:16 AM
I got the email today that its supposed to be here Monday I can't wait
07-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know who makes the AA button rifled barrels? I've heard that Liberty or maybe ER Shaw, does anyone have any info?
07-11-2011, 06:51 AM
tsu,
Sorry for the less than prompt reply. I ordered an 18" double fluted Spartan barrel and bolt from Satern. I apologize for the confusion! Cheers, Will |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|