Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
longest kills
#1
what is the longest kill shot made with your grendel?
Reply
#2
Only 230 or so. Just haven't had the opportunity yet. Hoping that will change this year, I'm hunting a open area that provides 400+ shots. Been practicing at my shooting range shooting at 300 yds weekly. I'm averaging 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 groups on windy days they tend to open up a lil.
Reply
#3
cool! im waiting on the same thing farthest this year so far is about 100 i have some places on my property that are right at 1000 so i am going to try some farther ones as the oppertunities present themselves.
Reply
#4
437 Yds one shot kill on a deer .. Shot from a good front rest .. had just done 400 and 500 drops the week before ..
we laser ranged the deer hit spot back to stand to get the yardage..
impressive damage .. using 120 Nolser Ballistic tips and 30.0 grns of Win 748 Powder
Reply
#5
There us a post in here of a guy whacking a prong horn from 752 yards!
Reply
#6
I've killed steel at 1160 yds. Smile

No opportunities on long range critters yet.
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#7
Only 140 yds for me so far, MI whitetail. Using 100gn Barnes complete pass through of the spine right above the shoulder. Deer never took another step, couple of coyotes at around 100
Reply
#8
340 yards on a coyote,story here.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...in-Coyotes
263 yards is my longest on a chuck
Reply
#9
352yds for a first round kill on a rabbit with my 20 VarTarg and just 225 yds for a kill on a goat so far.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...irst-Blood
http://www.vongruffknives.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Von Gruff



Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
Acts 4:10-12
Reply
#10
Got a 'yote at just over 500, I'll take luck over skill any day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#11
300yd shot on a michigan whitetail last nov. with a 90gr tnt. complete pass through on the shoulder blades, though the exit was same size as the bullet. internal trauma was massize!
Reply
#12
Last season i looked out the front window of the camp and saw a coyote trotting down the lane going away from the camp. I grabbed the grendel ran outside, sat down, propped up on the seat of a chair. I yelled , he stopped, i aimed at the tip of his nose (knowing i had a cross wind) sqeezed the trigger and watched him drop thru the scope. 367 yds drilled behind the shoulders.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#13
txgunner00 Wrote:I've killed steel at 1160 yds. Smile

No opportunities on long range critters yet.

Terrapin lasered and witnessed 1,200 yd IPSC steel here :-)

Two 65# yellowfin tuna two weeks ago at 200 yds (estimated, not lasered), but that was with a Shimano Tallica II 16 & Terez 70CMHSR on a Braid flying fish lure by kite, not a Grendel.
Reply
#14
txgunner00 Wrote:I've killed steel at 1160 yds. Smile

No opportunities on long range critters yet.

What was the bullet n load, barrel length. Yikes
Reply
#15
Mav714 Wrote:What was the bullet n load, barrel length. Yikes

123 SMK, 8208 (can't remember charge off hand). Not too hot of a load, just perfect conditions. I had the dial maxed out and still had to hold over 20' or so.
NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
Reply
#16
Is it safe yo assume 2808 is really xbr 8208
Reply
#17
got golf balls at 200 yards today..if you haven't tried it, it's really fun and my kids love it too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#18
We used to call it "sniper golf". lol There really isn't much that is more fun.
Reply
#19
128 yds on a S. Carolina whitetail doe. Ran 18" straight down. DRT. Straight pass through on a front shoulder shot.
Percision Firearms loaded ammo 120gr Nosler BT
Reply
#20
Antelope Buck, 2 shots, dropped at 525, factory amax, minimal bullet expansion. I have a thread with pics.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)