Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CNN airs favorable AR-15 video (Georgia Hog Hunting)
#1
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/22/ar...from-hogs/
Reply
#2
Good video but stupid questions Cooper! Could he do this with less capacity magazines? Really? He just said he could use bolt action.
Reply
#3
Anderson Cooper is a testosternone-void shell of a person who acts as a useful idiot for the international proletariat. Because of the extreme emotional turmoil of his life, he makes a perfect instrument for the opinion-piece propaganda machine. I can't stand seeing his face in-place of where a journalist should be.
Reply
#4
Beware, CNN is engaged in a marketing campaign to engage the shooting community into debate. They have sent me repeated emails trying to get me to endorse their series "America's Rifle, Rise Of The AR15" They have pleaded it will be fair and balanced and even sent preview clips. But in the preview clips they report that an AR15 was used in the Sandy Hook Massacre. Even when I pointed out to them that the AR15 was in the trunk of the car and not used, they aired it as was knowingly deceiving the viewers. The reason they are doing this is to engage us in debate so they can point to the traffic as increased viewers. Their ratings are pathetic and they are desperate to draw more viewers, but they will not be fair or balanced or accurate.
Bob
Reply
#5
stokesrj Wrote:Even when I pointed out to them that the AR15 was in the trunk of the car and not used,...

Bob, has this been verified? There remains a distinct lack of reporting on facts in this case. I'm not sure why records remain sealed.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#6
Anderson Cooper asked why do people need high capacity magazines. I don,t know why do you need to engage in a homo sexual act's? Maybe in a free society people have right to choose their own path whether one understands it or not.
Reply
#7
Yes, it's even been reported by main stream media in the back pages buried where you are not likely to see it.
Bob
Reply
#8
LRRPF52 Wrote:Anderson Cooper is a testosternone-void shell of a person who acts as a useful idiot for the international proletariat. Because of the extreme emotional turmoil of his life, he makes a perfect instrument for the opinion-piece propaganda machine. I can't stand seeing his face in-place of where a journalist should be.

Wow nailed it!!
Reply
#9
It's really unfair to stick labels like this on good, family oriented, open minded.....IDIOTS!! who couldn't conceive of protecting their families with the use of targeted, extreme violence to save their mousy little SOULS!!! Sorry...I feel much better now Smile

A
Reply
#10
stokesrj Wrote:Beware, CNN is engaged in a marketing campaign to engage the shooting community into debate. They have sent me repeated emails trying to get me to endorse their series "America's Rifle, Rise Of The AR15" They have pleaded it will be fair and balanced and even sent preview clips. But in the preview clips they report that an AR15 was used in the Sandy Hook Massacre. Even when I pointed out to them that the AR15 was in the trunk of the car and not used, they aired it as was knowingly deceiving the viewers. The reason they are doing this is to engage us in debate so they can point to the traffic as increased viewers. Their ratings are pathetic and they are desperate to draw more viewers, but they will not be fair or balanced or accurate.
Bob

Bob, can you share with us the numbers on the different networks news coverage?
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#11
stokesrj Wrote:Yes, it's even been reported by main stream media in the back pages buried where you are not likely to see it.
Bob

I can't find anything that supports your assertion of mainstream media reporting, other than a msnbc video from 21 December that said 4 handguns were recovered inside the school and 1 rifle recovered from trunk. Early reporting that may still be full of errors.

If there is some mainstream reporting that supports your assertion, please post it (not trying to be confrontational…just would like to see some factual reporting).

Everything else is from blogs and forums with the exception of this:

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&pp=12&n=1

CT Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection Wrote:Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
2013


STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Emergency Services &
Public Protection
Connecticut State Police
Public Information Office
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457

Contact:
860-685-8230
DESPP.Feedback
Reuben Bradford
Commissioner Colonel Danny R. Stebbins
Deputy Commissioner
Division of State Police
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2013


** UPDATE **

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.



Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round magazine

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun


Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)



The shooter used the Bushmaster .223 to murder 20 children and six adults inside the school; he used a handgun to take his own life inside the school. No other weapons were used in this crime. This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

[Image: Saiga-12-thumb-stock-300x96.jpg]
Saiga 12
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#12
Bjorn,

Interesting, no report on how many mags were found. This "investigation" reeks! Its been 5 months, where is the report that details everything?

The police have said it was a single shooter, no one else is suspected. Release the whole freaking report already!

There is no need for secrecy, there is no case to go to court!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#13
Bill

I agree…the lack of official investigation results is maddening, but only adds to the mis-information out there on the web. That's why I'm asking for actual mainstream news reports that indicate no AR in the school. I haven't seen it (but that doesn't mean it hasn't been reported…so I'd like to read them).

I'm suspicious…I don't trust the msm. I don't necessarily trust the gov't either, particularly when they have an agenda.

The grainy video/stills I saw of LEOs taking a gun from the trunk at night looked more like a Saiga to me…but it is just too grainy/dark to be certain. Whatever it was, it certainly had a pistol grip.

I guess I lean more heavily on the Coroner's press conference where he referred to the long gun. I think that is probably closer to the truth (lacking any other hard evidence) since it was pretty early and I don't think they would have had time to weave a "story" to support an agenda by then. It was full of raw emotion…
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#14
When I saw the video of the trunk search, it was clearly a Saiga-12, but with some type of thumbhole stock I haven't seen before. When the LEO removed the magazine, it was clear that it was a Saiga-12.

What's interesting about this is that the Department of Emergency Services from Connecticut listed some specific details about the firearms. By indicating that the AR15 was a Bushmaster XM15-E2s, and the shotgun was an Izhmash "Canta"-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot), the details support the claims so far. "Canta-12" is them trying to anglicize the Cyrillic "сайга", which is pronounced "Saiga" in Russian.

With these published details, I get the impression that someone read the engravings and markings off the receiver frames, and reported them exactly as they see them. This is all irrelevant to the main argument that anti-freedom zealots are pushing, however, which is this:

"Because a lone gunman committed a horrific crime with a certain set of tools that are in common use, those tools should be banished from the scores of millions of law-abiding owners of said tools, the Constitution be damned."
Reply
#15
LRRPF52 Wrote:This is all irrelevant to the main argument that anti-freedom zealots are pushing, however, which is this:

"Because a lone gunman committed a horrific crime with a certain set of tools that are in common use, those tools should be banished from the scores of millions of law-abiding owners of said tools, the Constitution be damned."

I agree with you…but it is important that we debate with actual facts, and not rumors and misinformation. Otherwise, our credibility is lessened.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#16
The impression I get is that the details of the case were suppressed so that the Senate Bills could go forward with maximum emotional input, and minimal factual input, yielding a higher chance of passing in the Senate. This technique was used in California with great effect after the Stockton school yard shooting, after the anti-freedom crowd learned their lessons from the legislative process post San Ysidro McDonalds shooting in 1984. What was important was that the longer it took to debate and present facts, the less chance anti-law-abiding citizen legislation could be passed.
Reply
#17
I'm with Bwaites…release it already.

I'm surprised that no major media outlet has submitted a FOIA yet…
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#18
BjornF16 Wrote:I'm with Bwaites…release it already.

I'm surprised that no major media outlet has submitted a FOIA yet…

LOL!!!!! HAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........Maybe Fox or Beck?
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#19
BjornF16 Wrote:I'm with Bwaites…release it already.

I'm surprised that no major media outlet has submitted a FOIA yet…

Replace these words with "Apparatchik Press(AP)" and all your surprise will go away. Any self-respecting journalist would be all over the follow-up story on the other people who were arrested at the scene, especially the guy in camo pants who was apprehended in the woods, which we have the helicopter video footage of to erase any indications or accusations of wild imaginations. We also have multiple eye-witnesses who reported seeing at least one additional man being escorted in handcuffs to the police cruiser and placed therein...no follow-up story to speak of yet.
Reply
#20
This is the report from NBC, Jan 15th.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nb...-shooting/
Who knows what the real truth is, we will probably never know.
Bob
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)