Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"my well come in big"....
#1
Ordered this JP Enterprises JP15 upper on 2/14 received it today 4/26. 6.5 Grendel, 18" barrel. I'm actually surprised at how light it is.

[Image: IMG_4399_zpseec00f97.jpg]
John 11:25-26
Reply
#2
VERY Nice!
Reply
#3
If it shoots as good as it looks, you'll be in good shape.
Drifter
Reply
#4
I'd wager a small sum that it will be a good shooter.
Reply
#5
A thing of beauty.

Congratulations.
Reply
#6
Wow. Thats pretty. What does something like that run.
Reply
#7
Eye candy
Reply
#8
Final product. The upper cost approx. $1400 shipped. I was originally going to get an 18" AA upper but after you include their MK10 handguards and barrel fluting you're already over 1,000. Hope it shoots good too!

[Image: DSC09887_zps4c036283.jpg]
John 11:25-26
Reply
#9
Nice very nice. I assuming a range report is not far off. Have fun.
Reply
#10
81police Wrote:Final product. The upper cost approx. $1400 shipped. I was originally going to get an 18" AA upper but after you include their MK10 handguards and barrel fluting you're already over 1,000. Hope it shoots good too!

[Image: DSC09887_zps4c036283.jpg]


Ii noticed on the upper picture you have a LMOS Bolt Carrier. I also have one on my build. Do you have the Silent Capture Buffer Spring or JP Low Mass Buffer in the buffer tube? You may want to go that way and set the gas block more closed at first and work your way closing it gradually to feel the recoil increase till it cycles properly.

If I sound like I know what I'm talking about I don't, its all just information I'm passing along i got from JP CS. I also have the same set up with a 24" barrel but haven't got mine to the point your at yet but did talk to the customer service regularly as I gathered all the parts. They said that is how to set it all up together when using the LMOS Bolt Carrier, with the adjustable gas block and correct buffer. It's much lighter than the Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier so I'll be looking for an update from you.

Looks great and really like the heat sink under the hand guard. It should be a smooth ride.....
Reply
#11
Initial range report...Ran approx. 25 rounds of AA 120gr. Barnes through the rifle during sight in. Groups varied, the smallest was .5" and the largest 1.5", but nearly all were 1" or under. The barrel never really got hot. The rifle is very smooth, light on the recoil, loud on the ears. I'm not nearly done fine tuning yet as I plan to run some Hornady SST's through it this week. Trigger is a Wilson Combat 3G.

Tedward thanks for the information! Right now I'm running a standard buffer & spring and the rifle has functioned flawlessly. My father just ordered the silent capture buffer spring so we'll see how that does.

[Image: IMG_4400_zps8a4a556a.jpg]
John 11:25-26
Reply
#12
for anybody interested in JP stuff. Installed a JP capture recoil buffer spring and shot some more through the rifle. No AA ammo this time, used Hornady SST's which the rifle seemed to like better. Several groups patterned under an inch. Had one failure to feed with a live round wedged entering the chamber. Might have been a magazine issue there. Everything else flawless.
John 11:25-26
Reply
#13
I am plenty interested in their buffer/spring gadget....just not sure how a person could get one. : )
Reply
#14
Order straight from jp Buddha
Reply
#15
I would have a while back but they have been backordered for a pretty good while now. I am definitely on the notification list...maybe someday. lol
Reply
#16
why don't y'all just order from MidwayUSA, they're in stock as of today. I will add another bit of information, with the JP captured buffer and the LMOS bolt carrier, this rifle is SMOOTH shooting.


http://www.midwayusa.com/product/316607/...cm_vc=U112
John 11:25-26
Reply
#17
Nice rig 81- the handguard is sweet!

How is the brake working out?
Reply
#18
KentuckyBuddha Wrote:I would have a while back but they have been backordered for a pretty good while now. I am definitely on the notification list...maybe someday. lol

there in stock, 39 available, at Shooters Connection for $139. I got my LMOS bolt carrier from them too. Good prices and fast shipping.

also Midway has them in stock right now for $132 and .556 Bolts for $118. Got me a bolt too....

Got both my Grendel and 223 Wylde ready to be put together, getting ready to paint Blue Titanium in Duracoat then assembly. I'll be posting shooting results and pictures soon.
  • Cool

Reply
#19
what is the diameter of that barrel? I noticed you have a thermal heat dissipator on it .I can't find one for a heavy barrel but yours looks like a H.B. is it?
Reply
#20
Tedward Wrote:there in stock, 39 available, at Shooters Connection for $139. I got my LMOS bolt carrier from them too. Good prices and fast shipping.

also Midway has them in stock right now for $132 and .556 Bolts for $118. Got me a bolt too....

Got both my Grendel and 223 Wylde ready to be put together, getting ready to paint Blue Titanium in Duracoat then assembly. I'll be posting shooting results and pictures soon.
  • Cool


Oh my goodness...I didn't see this post until today. Thank you so much sir! I am delighted to say I was still able to get 4 of them from Midway...so it was not for naught even so long after you posted. lol Thanks again!

Many say those JP buffer do-dads are great...can't wait to find out!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)