03-09-2013, 02:51 AM
I have finally finished my grendel, just need my scope and scope mount now. not the best pictures but you get the idea.
|
Finally finished!
|
|
03-09-2013, 02:51 AM
I have finally finished my grendel, just need my scope and scope mount now. not the best pictures but you get the idea.
03-09-2013, 03:08 AM
Looks good. Who makes the handguard, I like it?
03-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Thanks, its my first build and I thought it went quite well. The handguard is a troy alpha rail.
03-09-2013, 03:15 AM
looks good... what do you have planned for optics?
03-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Nice build. What barrel is that?
03-09-2013, 03:40 AM
@John, I am planning on getting a vortex viper pst 6-24x50 FFP. @LRRPF52 it is a ar15performance barrel seeing as it was the only one available at the time.
04-04-2013, 12:05 AM
What length is that barrel? I just got my 24 " AR-Stoner but am thinking of having it cut-crowned and threaded to 22" and re-thread to 5/8-24. AR-Stoner must be stoned and made them a 9/16-24 and there are limited compensator available, like only 2 or 3 that I can find. I'll be using a JP Large profile and have my gunsmith match it up. he said no problem, just another 100 bucks.
anyhow yours looks great and i also have the Troy hand-guard and that's why I was wondering the length, i like the looks of yours. thanks
04-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Sweet. Can't wait to hear how she shoots. Finding the Viper may be a challenge. I've been waiting 6 weeks.
04-09-2013, 06:12 PM
its an 18 inch barrel with a 13 inch handguard. Oh and I know, its going to be quite difficult to find a viper
04-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I cancelled my order at Optics Planet when the PSTs came available at Caneraland
http://cameralandny1.reachlocal.net/opti...6-24x50ffp
04-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Very nice
04-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Been looking today and found the Vipers but not sure which one to go with. Are they a good scope too? Never used one but wonder if they have been around for a while. Been reading and people say the Nikon Monarch is also comparable. Not sure which one would be best so if you get the Viper let me know how it works out.
Optic Planet has them in stock today and no tax with free shipping. Also Camera Land has them but not sure about tax or shipping cost. [FONT="][/FONT][FONT="][FONT="]Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 $589 and [/FONT]Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 $749 [/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT] |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|