Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Montana Grendel Hunters Check In!
#1
I have some news regarding political activity and AR-15 rifles in our state. Your assistance is requested. PM me for details.
Reply
#2
I would have figure Montana to be a safezone so to say
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#3
You'd think.

And for the most part, you'd be right. We have closed down most of the ways that Grendel haters might act out in this state. But there are a couple of openings, and right now they are trying to exploit one.

If you are from Montana and like AR-15 rifles, and especially if you hunt, please contact me.
Reply
#4
Thanks to help from a lot of Montana hunters, including a couple of our own Grendel Forum members (Montana and Joseph5) it appears that we have nipped the problem in the bud.

Thanks, fellas!
Reply
#5
Thank you ULLR. You did most of the work creating the E-mails and contacts, all we did was the easy stuff. It is people like you that makes living in Montana great place to live. Thanks again :]
Reply
#6
Why all the secrecy? Tell us what happened and who we should blame.
Reply
#7
I would also like to know what the deal was
Punctuation is for the weak....
Reply
#8
mongoosesnipe Wrote:I would also like to know what the deal was

If we told you we would have to kill you...... just kidding. Ullr found out there was an individual that was for political reasons trying to ban so called black rifles that new hunters could use in the field training course of Hunter Safety. Ullr did all the work making contacts to people like myself, Joesph5 and people all over Montana about the situation. With Ullr hard work the policy being discussed was stopped. This is the incremental-ism of gun control that has been discussed on this forum. It starts by getting young hunters to believe that rifles like an AR 6.5 Grendel is some how a rifle to be ashamed of and to keep out of sight because some people with phobias will not understand. We all expressed our opinion to the policy makers. This is why I am very thankful for people like Ullr that does all the hard work to keep things sane and free . Like I said before you have a lot of good people on this forum. Ullr is one of the best. Good job Ullr.
Reply
#9
Ullr is the one that deserves the credit for this. All I did was get a couple of emails sent and that was, it seems, after things were already taken care of. My work schedule keeps me backwards from the rest of society so I was just getting ready to get to work helping when thing I read that the problem had been taken care of.
Reply
#10
BTW, the reason for all of the "secrecy" is simple. I was hopeful that a relatively small response to this issue, involving a handful of hunters from all corners of our state and just a couple of legislators, would be enough to solve the problem. It turns out that it was.

I did not want to bring the full force of the community to bear on this issue, unless it was truly necessary. I knew that if I went wide with the issue, the $#!^storm that would have been unleashed would have completely overwhelmed the people responsible, and become a national issue. We don't want to overuse that kind of kick, and a disproportionate response can sometimes create more problems than it fixes.

Also, I didn't want to bring a political thread to this forum, which is supposed to be about hunting. I only posted here, because I needed to locate Grendel hunters.

Thanks again fellas.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Reply
#11
Hell, when we have guys in Helena trying to get it so we can have/use suppressors for all hunting (and those seem to be getting some good pushes), I'm not to worried (yet).

I'm in Glendive by the way...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)