01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi guys, What length free float tube do I need to cover a rifle length gas tube and block completely?
|
What length free float tube do I need to cover a rifle length gas tube and block?
|
|
01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi guys, What length free float tube do I need to cover a rifle length gas tube and block completely?
01-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Rifle-length handguards are usually 12.5" to ~12.75" in length, which leave the gas block exposed.
Gas block seats on the barrel usually measure ~1.9" to 2". The typical compact low-profile gas block is ~1" in length. If this is what you plan to use, the handguard would need to be at least ~13.75" for complete coverage. 15" is a common extended-length handguard size (covers entire gas seat), and I know that DD offers a 14" rail.
Drifter
01-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks!!!
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|